Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

True but since we know he won't stay, if a team wants to overpay you have to do it.

I understand that and I agree.  My point is that we should be able to pay him and if this organization was run properly he would also want to stay.  The fact is that we are not a small market team.  We have a small market budget, a small market mentality, and we are run like a third world country.  Isn't South Florida the 7th largest TV market in the country are am I wrong about that?  

Now that we have the Stadium there shouldn't be any excuses.  Put a winning product on the field and the fans will come.  Our TV ratings are great already.  The Miami Heat don't have a problem with attendance and those tickets are more expensive than Marlins tickets. Imagine if Mickey Arison and Pat Riley ran the Marlins. It would be a very different story for Marlins fans right now.

Just to make it clear, I'm not opposed to him being traded. If it replenishes are depleted farm system and adds some MLB ready talent why not. I don't believe he's going to sign long term here. The only thing I was trying to say is; the whole thing about not be available is crap.  As you and @Valid essentially everyone is available until their not..

You're still not understanding the point, are you?

Just because someone doesn't agree with your "logic" doesn't mean they don't understand. Its obvious for whatever reason we're at an impasse. Lets just agree to disagree and move on..

This has nothing to do with disagreeing. You are either a.) missing the point, or b.) being incredibly stubborn.

Just because a team takes offers does not mean a player is being shopped. All players are available. It would be silly for a team not to listen to offers on their best players.

If someone called and made an offer on Stanton, we'd listen.

Also, every tweet we have seen from beat writers is that the Marlins are asking for a king's ransom for Jose and that they aren't shopping him.

You are the only one who seems to think otherwise.

The Marlins do NOT want to trade Jose, he NEVER demanded a trade. His agent never forced a trade, all of these claims are false.

The only way they'd trade him is if a team overpays for him. This does NOT mean he's being shopped. They will NOT settle. Unless a team totally overpays, Jose WILL pitch on opening day for the fish.

Clear enough?

Point taken.

No Seager and would CONSIDER Julio Urias in a package?  WTF?  They can fuck off then!  I would so much rather lose him to FA after six years and get the draft pick than to sell low on him.

No Seager and would CONSIDER Julio Urias in a package?  WTF?  They can fuck off then!  I would so much rather lose him to FA after six years and get the draft pick than to sell low on him.

And they won't get Jose if they don't.

Marlins president Michael Hill has suggested that Fernandez is "not available," but adds the caveat that he's willing to listen to overwhelming offers. The Marlins are asking for so much that many other large market teams have suggested Fernandez is basically unavailable.

More from Heyman