Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

• Yankees sources tell Joel Sherman of the New York Post (Twitter links) that the team never offered Severino and isn’t interested in doing so. The club has not held “substantive talks” on Fernandez, per the report.

• About a dozen clubs have inquired on Fernandez, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro reports (Twitter links). The Dodgers appear to be the best match, he says, if they’d part with Seager, Urias, and more. Needless to say, that’s a big “if.” The Yankees were willing to give up their best young arm, Luis Severino, per the report, but Frisaro adds that it doesn’t seem New York has enough to give for Fernandez even if it included first baseman Greg Bird.

I love when teams say they won't "consider" trading guys like Severino or Urias. They are pitchers who MIGHT become aces, Jose is already an ace. I get it with Seager or Corra because they play different positions so their value can be harder to compare. But with a pitcher being compared to another pitcher, especially with the lack of payroll limitations for teams like LAD and NYY, Jose is already what they hope Urias and Severino may become. 

One thing, as far as Loria... it seems like he's stayed out of all this Jose stuf and it's been pretty much all Mike Hill on this one....

COULD LORIA ACTUALLY BE TRUSTING HIS BASEBALL PEOPLE ON THIS ONE???????

#Marlins’ Loria on Fernandez: “There is nothing I am thinking about doing at the moment with him.” - Ken Rosenthal

I love when teams say they won't "consider" trading guys like Severino or Urias. They are pitchers who MIGHT become aces, Jose is already an ace. I get it with Seager or Corra because they play different positions so their value can be harder to compare. But with a pitcher being compared to another pitcher, especially with the lack of payroll limitations for teams like LAD and NYY, Jose is already what they hope Urias and Severino may become. 

They're fronting 

Why not flip seager at that point?

No. If we get Seager, we have one of the best hitting prospects in a long time. We'd already be trading one of the best young pitchers in a long time, so we have to eventually keep someone. I know that Jose can yield several top prospects, and the Seager could deal several top prospects, and then those prospects and so on and so on, but if we keep making copies of copies of copies we'll eventually wind up with a blank sheet of paper.

Our lineup would have amazing potential if Jose was dealt for Seager plus. Stanton, Yelich, Seagar, and Gordon set half the lineup with elite/almost elite talent. Realmuto and Hech at the two worst hitting positions is also a plus. Then we have Bour/platoon and Ozuna's replacement (probably would be a decent piece and at worst is Dietrich), also pretty good potential. The rotation would need to be totally revamped though. Let's say the Jose trade is something like Seager, Urias, Wood. Here could be our team:

Lineup

2B Gordon (probably signed longterm this winter)

LF/CF Yelich (6 years left)

RF Stanton (12 years)

3B Seager (6 years)

CF/LF Ozuna Replacement maybe Dietrich (depends)

1B Bour/Platoon (5 years?)

C Realmuto (5 years?)

SS Hech (probably signed longterm)

Rotation:

1. Kazmir

2. Wood (4 years?)

3. Urias (6 years)

4. Return from Ozuna/Prado/Ramos

5. Lee/Conley/Nicolino

I dont know, I'm just thinking out loud but we could put together a decent team in 2016. Definitely 2017 and on.

No. If we get Seager, we have one of the best hitting prospects in a long time. We'd already be trading one of the best young pitchers in a long time, so we have to eventually keep someone. I know that Jose can yield several top prospects, and the Seager could deal several top prospects, and then those prospects and so on and so on, but if we keep making copies of copies of copies we'll eventually wind up with a blank sheet of paper.

Half making a point...half serious. 

2B D. Gordon

CF C. Yelich

RF G. Stanton

LF Y. Cespedes

3B C. Seager

1B J. Bour/Platoon

C J. Realmuto

SS A. Hech

His demands would have to go way lower