Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

Yup blame those fucking liars at the helm

Dude, we all hate this front office but you can't just blame them for being coy in this situation.  The more they say he isn't available the bigger the offer another team will have to make just to start the conversation.

If the Marlins are able to get Seager, Urias, AND Pederson alone, I think it's worth considering trading Jose. This team is more than one player from contending, and Pederson becomes the replacement for Ozuna in an eventual trade, Seager can take over for Prado at 3rd base (not sure what we'd do with Prado next year if this were to happen), and Urias could potentially make the majors at 20 years old and become a mini replacement Jose (nobody can replace Jose, period).

Trading Jose signals the team giving up on contending next year, but the failure to draft properly and unwillingness to spend money has left this as the only real way to fix some of the issues on our team and give us a chance in the future.

I really don't understand this ownership. Why the hell doesn't Loria spend big money? Make a contender and fans will come. Trade Fernanandez, a fan favorite and the best young pitcher in MLB and Stanton will be next. 

Our pitching is bad enough already. 

Only will trade him for an overpay and that is a good decision considering he can't possibly stay when he hits FA.  Stanton has a no-trade clause.

Only will trade him for an overpay and that is a good decision considering he can't possibly stay when he hits FA.  Stanton has a no-trade clause.

I'm assuming Stanton will request a trade (and rightfully so). Afterall, he wants to win now, not in maybe 5 years. You win now and build a contender. Jose will be hard pressed to leave a team in contention. Plus, he has years of service left.

I'm assuming Stanton will request a trade (and rightfully so). Afterall, he wants to win now, not in maybe 5 years. 

The guys they are getting back are big league players, its not a move for the future only. Its a move for now and the future. They'll only make the deal if its an overpay, plain and simple.