Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

he also has an opt out which by the way things are going he will exercise it

Fish should hope he does opt out. At this point, opting in would mean likely spell horrid news for the Marlins.  He'd only opt in really if he suffered injuries. If he keeps hitting the way he is, he'd opt out for bigger bucks.

If we trade Jose even if the haul is amazing prepare for the Marlins always trade away their players here's the fire sale comments. I fuckin hate that. I'd rather keep Jose on that principle alone. I hate when we do things to fuel the misconceptions about us even when they might be the best thing for our team to do.

If we trade Jose even if the haul is amazing prepare for the Marlins always trade away their players here's the fire sale comments. I fuckin hate that. I'd rather keep Jose on that principle alone. I hate when we do things to fuel the misconceptions about us even when they might be the best thing for our team to do.

Meh I don't give a shit what the casual fans say, they are useless anyway

I understand the casual fan won't like it just cause Jose is leaving but that package from LAD would be superb and I guarantee it'd piss off a lot of Dodgers fans

Dodgers fans shouldn't be mad. They've drafted well over the past few years and getting Jose is just them reaping the rewards of that good drafting. As much as Seager, Urias, and Pederson have high potential, Jose is a generational talent. I wouldn't give up all three for him (and knowing how smart Friedman is, I'm sure he'll bargain it down to just two of those three plus some extra parts), but a guy like Jose Fernandez just isn't going to hit the open market at this point in his career ever again. 23 years old, already performing at a Cy Young level with three years left until he's actually able to make some real money. If you look at the open market, guys like Jeff Samardzija coming off terrible seasons are getting multi year, near $100 million deals. When Jose hits the open market he'll get over $300 million, but for now he'll cost them barely over $25 million. There's no pitcher on the market who pitches like Jose Fernandez and only costs $25 million over the next 3 seasons.

I feel confident this deal will get done. The Dodgers know how valuable a guy like Jose Fernandez is and the Marlins seem to want him gone and are rightfully asking the moon for him. At some point soon they will find their way in the middle and get a deal done.

I feel confident this deal will get done. The Dodgers know how valuable a guy like Jose Fernandez is and the Marlins seem to want him gone and are rightfully asking the moon for him. 

No they don't. That's why they are asking for the moon. They don't want to trade him but would if a team wants to pay an absurd amount for him.

No they don't. That's why they are asking for the moon. They don't want to trade him but would if a team wants to pay an absurd amount for him.

Putting him on the block in the first place makes a statement. You can say "oh, teams are calling they didn't make him available", but the volume of all these talks and the recent rumors regarding Jose makes it clear the Marlins are looking for a way to get him out of Miami. They don't want to deal with Boras in future contract negotiations plain and simple.

Putting him on the block in the first place makes a statement. You can say "oh, teams are calling they didn't make him available", but the volume of all these talks and the recent rumors regarding Jose makes it clear the Marlins are looking for a way to get him out of Miami. They don't want to deal with Boras in future contract negotiations plain and simple.

They didn't put him on the block though.

The Jose stuff leaking similar to the Marcell Ozuna stuff leaking feels intentional to me. Again, they may be telling everybody including people who work for the team that he isn't on the block, but it feels like they put him out their to gauge interest. It'll take a lot, but I feel like the ultimate goal is to trade him. At this point the team just has to decide what they want to do moving forward. I think they're just saying they want the moon while waiting for the right offer to come their way from the Dodgers. I see it taking Urias, Pederson, and three good but lower end prospects like Holmes, Peraza, and Lee to get this thing done.

or the astros

I said the Dodgers specifically because they have the best of both worlds. A creative front office and, most importantly, a shitload of money. 

As Das said, the people saying the Dodgers would be foolish to give this up for Jose are being kinda dumb. The Dodgers are always in win-now mode and Jose is a generational talent. Once they lose this set of prospects, they'll just reload by signing the Dominican Republic.