Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Trade Deadline Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author
Look at Harvey. Jose is getting shut down.

Have u not paid attention? They've been working all year to avoid the Harvey situation here.
  • Author
This trade was a joke. I was mad when we included Castillo. But we traded Cosart who in my book is same value as Rea. And Got a rental. We got fleeced. Worst trade ever.

Wait until tomorrow when you find out who else we included.
Look at Harvey. Jose is getting shut down.

 

Didnt Strasburg get shut down a few years ago after TJ?

 

 

Everyone needs to chill. Weeks ago I said GMs would be asking for Capps, Castillo and Naylor. Why? That's all we have. We are fighting to make the playoffs. Opportunities like this don't come often. I think we WAY overpaid. But you also have to realize that our assets aren't as good as most teams. So while it feels like we traded a bunch of studs, we traded nobody in the top 100 and a power pitcher with a funky delivery coming off TJ. Cosart is whatever. Cashner could really help us, especially with our defense and pen. He can go into a game knowing he only needs to go 6 innings and just let it fly. The deal is done. Let's see how it plays out.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

 

we just need to get Bour back in the line up and hope to outscore our opponents on a daily basis (although i am concerned about Ozuna's bat as of late)

 

 

Everyone needs to chill. Weeks ago I said GMs would be asking for Capps, Castillo and Naylor. Why? That's all we have. We are fighting to make the playoffs. Opportunities like this don't come often. I think we WAY overpaid. But you also have to realize that our assets aren't as good as most teams. So while it feels like we traded a bunch of studs, we traded nobody in the top 100 and a power pitcher with a funky delivery coming off TJ. Cosart is whatever. Cashner could really help us, especially with our defense and pen. He can go into a game knowing he only needs to go 6 innings and just let it fly. The deal is done. Let's see how it plays out.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

How can it really play out in our favor though? 10 starts of Cashner and you just gotta pray his ERA is under 4...and Rea????

 

 

This trade was a joke. I was mad when we included Castillo. But we traded Cosart who in my book is same value as Rea. And Got a rental. We got fleeced. Worst trade ever.

 

yeah my first thought when I saw Rea's name was basically Cosart.

 

 

Why the fuck is everyone ignoring the final asset this team has? MONEY.

 

Although what you say is true, when was the last time Loria opened up his pocketbook?  IF he does it would indicate to me he is REALLY serious.

 

 

The only realistic hope is that the marlins defense can prop up these two guys enough. 

 

And we take on a contract to acquire a real sp. 

 

yeah I think they're done.  I don't love him but if Cashner can stay hot he'll help in the playoff push.  If not then it was a waste and they'll pray Colin Rae turns into a decent #4 for a few years. 

 

I mean Chen had been freaking terrible almost all season, so if Cashner catches fire it helps.   Otherwise....

 

 

yeah I think they're done.  I don't love him but if Cashner can stay hot he'll help in the playoff push.  If not then it was a waste and they'll pray Colin Rae turns into a decent #4 for a few years. 

 

I mean Chen had been freaking terrible almost all season, so if Cashner catches fire it helps. 

 

I don't feel like it's one of their worst trades mostly because I don't really care about any of the players we lost - with the exception of Capps.

 

 

 

I feel the same about this.

 

 

Padres probably are paying the salary now that Capps is in the deal.

If this is what happens and we go out and acquire Shields contract it makes more sense to deal Capps.

 

 

 

If this is what happens and we go out and acquire Shields contract it makes more sense to deal Capps.

 

 

 

I rather pass on Shields. Guy hasn't looked good this year at all. There are other guys out there that we can take on their contracts.

 

Who? Not sure lol.

 

 

We basically gave up capps and praddack for Rodney and cashner. 

 

two guys that probably wont be in Marlins uniform next year

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.