June 10, 20179 yr I didn't see a draft thread, and as we all know we need to have a place to talk about the high school prospects that we are going to take 3 rounds too early. I will start the discussion with my suggestions of us dropping the idea of drafting only high school kids and looking at kids who went to college. How about with our first three picks we take Jake Burger at 13, Brent rooker at 37, and Gavin Sheets at 51. Advanced college bats. What do we think.
June 10, 20179 yr You might as well just write in that they are going to take a high schooler. They just love those kids.' Whoever it is will be flipped to a team for a relief pitcher in about a year or so anyway, so don't get attached
June 10, 20179 yr We need to be taking pitchers with at least two of those picks. High School or college as long as they have top of the rotation potential.
June 10, 20179 yr I didn't see a draft thread, and as we all know we need to have a place to talk about the high school prospects that we are going to take 3 rounds too early. I will start the discussion with my suggestions of us dropping the idea of drafting only high school kids and looking at kids who went to college. How about with our first three picks we take Jake Burger at 13, Brent rooker at 37, and Gavin Sheets at 51. Advanced college bats. What do we think. Do you think Rooker will fall to 37? Slugging nearly .600, I've heard he'd probably go in the first 15.
June 11, 20179 yr And yes, i sound like a negative nancy. you're a nancy? and [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] said there's was no chick in here
June 11, 20179 yr Author I have a friend who works for the padres and what he told me is that Rooker doesn't project. He is a solid second round pick. He should be there for the sandwich pick. Which means we could, in my imaginary world where we like advanced college bats, get Burger and Rooker.
June 11, 20179 yr Author We need to be taking pitchers with at least two of those picks. High School or college as long as they have top of the rotation potential. no. Pitchers work out so infrequently that it isn't worth it. Take lots of pitchers between the 3rd and 8th round, some of them will succeed.
June 11, 20179 yr draft is mostly a crap shoot anyway - and that applies to most sports. From what I've read this year's draft is rather weak anyway so it'll be even more of a guessing game. No, I'm not saying that you can throw darts at a board and do as well as you could by actually researching and using some legitimate analytics but a huge chunk of each draft class is pure luck. More than anything that's what the fishies need at this point because they sure have been snake bitten both last year and this year. So break out your beanie babies, sacrifice your chickens, tame the rally cat, and don't walk under any ladders - we flat out need the stars to align and hit on some schlub prospect who turns into a stud at the top of the rotation.
June 13, 20179 yr Looks like they'll have their choice of pitchers with Baz, Faedo, Hall, and Rogers all available.
June 13, 20179 yr you're a nancy? and [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] said there's was no chick in here I don't mean to burst your boner, but no, I'm not a female.
June 13, 20179 yr I don't mean to burst your boner, but no, I'm not a female. don't flatter yourself Nancys don't give me a boner
June 13, 20179 yr Faedo!!! Jose's former teammate! Don't fuck this up assholes! same HS, not teammate
June 13, 20179 yr same HS, not teammate That’s what Fernandez, on his way to becoming a first-round pick in the 2011 draft saw early on as the two overlapped for one season as high school teammates.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.