Jeter holding town hall with media and season ticket holders on Tuesday

SonOfJack

Jokes aside this is a good thing... for both sides. I'm sure there will be plenty of vague PR answers from Jeter but let him hear the fans frustrations directly from some of them and let the fans hear his responses directly as well. Everyone is human of course so sometimes just hearing the other side helps.

This is also something Loria himself never did, to the best of my knowledge. Samson and Hill have done this stuff but I don't Loria ever did.

Jokes aside this is a good thing... for both sides. I'm sure there will be plenty of vague PR answers from Jeter but let him hear the fans frustrations directly from some of them and let the fans hear his responses directly as well. Everyone is human of course so sometimes just hearing the other side helps.

This is also something Loria himself never did, to the best of my knowledge. Samson and Hill have done this stuff but I don't Loria ever did.

Actually, after the belated fire sale in 2005, there was a forum under a tent outside the stadium. You're right, Loria was not there and never did this.  They served drinks and some finger food and I think some hallucinogenics to calm us down.  Basically, Samson ran the meeting and let some of the new players field question, like Scott Olson, etc.  There was a decent amount of acrimony but just like Jeter, it is all for the optics.  

Actually, after the belated fire sale in 2005, there was a forum under a tent outside the stadium. You're right, Loria was not there and never did this.  They served drinks and some finger food and I think some hallucinogenics to calm us down.  Basically, Samson ran the meeting and let some of the new players field question, like Scott Olson, etc.  There was a decent amount of acrimony but just like Jeter, it is all for the optics.  

Fun Fact: the 2008 and 2009 teams had better records than the 2004 and 2005 teams.

I was invited. But there’s no chance I could get down to the park at 6 on a Tuesday. Heck, I’m usually rushing - and failing - to get there by 7:10 most Tuesdays. And I guarantee you i’m NOT a yes man - Jeter’s already lost me as a customer for next year (was a half-season ticket holder). John Henry’s town hall for season ticket holders was held during Fan Fest on a weekend.

Jeter will not say something special, I think. Like the letter that he wrote and revealed it publicly, he will say "We're going to develop a winning culture... blah, blah" or "...sustained success. blah, blah".

And "That's not the truth about a treat against Stanton. Just be misinformed..."

Jeter will not say something special, I think. Like the letter that he wrote and revealed it publicly, he will say "We're going to develop a winning culture... blah, blah" or "...sustained success. blah, blah".

100%

that's not saying nothing.  that's literally an entire organizational philosophy.

Bottom line, and this has nothing to do with their plan or even if it is ultimately successful beyond expectations, they do not give two craps about what we think and have to say.  It will all be canned responses.  Waste of time, unless the food is free and good for those going.  Otherwise, they could just create a handout and post on the website a FAQ with all the questions and answers set.