Riddle and Realmuto likely to open season on DL

SonOfJack

There have to be some SP’s available better than some of our current options, and there has to be at least 1 C available better than Chad Wallach.

Even though, to be honest, I’m secretly hoping that Hoo is our Opening Day starting catcher. “Hoo” should be our team motto this year.

I just love these spring training injuries. “Oh yeah gonna be no problem of course I’ll be ready for opening day oh it’s just some inflammation so we want to be cautious and calm it down and make sure we get all of the inflammation out of there so this doesn’t end up becoming a bigger thing.” 

A month later. DL. 

Some of these have to be more serious than the public announcements or I just cannot see why it is so disabling.  Heck, I had 4 wisdom teeth out at one time and unless Hernandez had a reaction to it, I just don't see how it has kept him out this long.  But again, all speculation because we do not get the full story.  Someone could have his whole kneecap removed and we would get "just a lower extremity injury".