3/29/18 Post Game Opening Day

CYmarlins

Rough start.  Was pleasantly surprised to see us battle back to tie it.  Guerrero has an electric arm but as @SonOfJack said he needs to mix it up more.  You can throw fastballs like that if you are topping the 100 which he is not.  I like him though.  I hope he comes around. Ureña seemed to lack command in the first inning.  

Looked like an awesome day at the yard

Team fought back which is always key in a young team. 

Anderson is gonna hold down 3rd base for yearssss 

bullpen was actually pretty legit. Especially Guerrero. 

Some positives and things to look forward too. It’s gonna be a long season but I’ll gladly take 6-4, 8-5 type game scores more often than not. 

Gotta say too, the team didn't look bad despite some hiccups. If Urena had a better first inning and we get a break here and there we beat the Cubs on opening day almost "easily."

It's still gonna be a long season but this team will be in many competitive games. And as a friend told me yesterday, "Last opening day with Stanton Yelich Gordon and Ozuna we only scored 2 runs, this year without them we scored 4... I'll take my chances with this new team."

And no I know that's not how it really works but it reminds me that baseball is crazy the way it plays out sometimes. This team might not be much worse than last year's and at least there's hope for the long term future now. 

Did you guys see or hear about the idiots wearing brown paper bags over their heads? I wish they had worn those brown paper bags over their heads when we had 8 straight losing seasons with the greatest power hitter and the best outfield in baseball. Marlins fans wanna act embarrassed about 2018 when 2010-2017 didn't have much to be proud of either. Morons. 

Best part of the day for me was when I heard some idiot behind me talking about how He doesn’t even know any players anymore (marlins “fan” by his gear choice)

Completely out of character, I turned and said “well considering there’s 25 guys on this team and only four are gone it makes me think you don’t know anything about this team regardless. Cause even a lot of the “new” faces have been in our minor league system for quite some time”. 

This happened a minute or two after I saw the first pitch of the 2018 season fall one seat over from me so I was in a bad place mentally lol The good thing is i came out on the replay and I’m officially on worldstar 

Take away of the day:

Brinson looked absolutely terrible, Anderson was awesome, Guerrero is gonna be a great bullpen piece (he just needs another pitch, or to use his off speed more), but the pitching corps is gonna be pretty shitty overall (as expected)

I think brinson feels like he has to be that face of the franchise replacing Stanton and that’s a arduous task for a rookie. 

So under that spotlight you start pressing and looking bad at the plate. 

Although it is only one game. 

Take away of the day:

Brinson looked absolutely terrible, Anderson was awesome, Guerrero is gonna be a great bullpen piece (he just needs another pitch, or to use his off speed more), but the pitching corps is gonna be pretty shitty overall (as expected)

Calm down. It’s not like he went out there and K’d three times. Opening day for a rookie batting lead off after being dubbed the future of a franchise. Rolled over on a couple cutters against Lester. It happens 

Best part of the day for me was when I heard some idiot behind me talking about how He doesn’t even know any players anymore (marlins “fan” by his gear choice)

Completely out of character, I turned and said “well considering there’s 25 guys on this team and only four are gone it makes me think you don’t know anything about this team regardless. Cause even a lot of the “new” faces have been in our minor league system for quite some time”. 

This happened a minute or two after I saw the first pitch of the 2018 season fall one seat over from me so I was in a bad place mentally lol The good thing is i came out on the replay and I’m officially on worldstar 

I'm with ya. Everyone saying they know none of these guys never watched a game after Opening Day last year. They may not be superstars but Miguel Rojas Derek Dietrich Brian Anderson Bour and Urena were all a significant part of last season. We had 4 new guys in our opening day lineup, run through the rest of MLB and count how many new guys were in each lineup. It's around 3 or 4 for several teams.