Realmuto traded to Phillies

Erick

At some point, though, they'll have to change the culture, and show that they're willing to pay and keep people instead of always just recycling guys into other prospects. 

This new regime was only take over this franchise for one year and I don't think the trades for those priced players in the beginning of this rebuilding were "culture of recycling guys into other prospects", I believe in the right time they would start to spend what they need to improve this team.

"It's not my decision whether I get traded or not. It's up to the Marlins. Whatever they want to do with me, that's up to them. So for me, there is really no discussion to be had. My job is to show up and play baseball."

Quote from JT in Japan. To me this sounds like there's only two options, get traded or stay with the team, and either way he'll accept it and be fine... but definitely doesn't sound like he's thinking about an extension. It also doesn't sound like he's pushing for a trade and it also doesn't sound like he'd be a problem if he isn't traded.

Quote from JT in Japan. To me this sounds like there's only two options, get traded or stay with the team, and either way he'll accept it and be fine... but definitely doesn't sound like he's thinking about an extension. It also doesn't sound like he's pushing for a trade and it also doesn't sound like he'd be a problem if he isn't traded.

It's shouldn't be so helpless to be a Marlins player,JT.

Pretty much yeah. But if he isn't going to be receptive to an extension unless it is overpaid then the right solution is to move him. I am sure his agent is gonna be looking for something around 5 years / $100 million. I am honestly more excited about what we could get in return. 

Winter Meetings can't come soon enough!