Realmuto traded to Phillies

Erick

The Marlins stand nothing to lose by still offering Realmuto an extension. If he does in fact turn it down and just wants to be traded then so be it. But they will hold for the best offer. They got a good offer for Yelich, Brinson just had a bad year but it was still a good offer looking back at it now.

Maybe something like Lux + others from LA. I'd also try to get Barnes back in the deal, who could still be a pretty good everyday catcher with a lot of control left.

Brendan Rodgers from COL also makes a lot of sense, with their struggles at C and already having Story.

I think the Colorado trade looks pretty good especially. Would have been nice to have never given up Barnes in that trade, since he was originally in our system.

I think it would actually look good if they do still offer the extension. It would also deflect some of the inevitable criticism. 

If this team not yet offers JT a contract then it would be really ridiculous that he told the team he won't to sign an extension contract before the contract was offered to him and maybe that's a contract he couldn't turn down.

I think it would actually look good if they do still offer the extension. It would also deflect some of the inevitable criticism. 

Agreed.  I still think you put your offer on the table, and make them turn it down, not just taking their word for it before you even offer it.

Curious what you guys would project as a fair market contract? Scoop threw out the idea of 4 years $80 million.

While I would be in the camp of something like 4 year $60 millon

2019 - $7 Million

2020 - $13 Million

2021 - $18 Million

2022 - $22 Million

Just what we need - another backloaded deal.

Agreed.  I still think you put your offer on the table, and make them turn it down, not just taking their word for it before you even offer it.

Just what we need - another backloaded deal.

I hate back loaded deals just as much as the next person but we are paying him in projections. We can certainly pay him $15 million per year and I am sure it wouldn't hurt us either. This ownership will also have the money, especially when 2021 and 2022 come around. I just don't think it is wort shelling out $20 million per year on a 4 year $80 million on what some people would have him projected as.

I'm not sure I believe an agent would speak out of line either, I mean that's a client and money they are losing out on if they said the wrong thing/wrong timing etc. 

The Yelich situation, Yelich doesn't want to be portrayed as the bad guy, so he's agent speaks up, and then Yelich apologizes but what he wanted to say personally was said third party. JT has the same type of personality. 

If this team not yet offers JT a contract then it would be really ridiculous that he told the team he won't to sign an extension contract before the contract was offered to him and maybe that's a contract he couldn't turn down.

That's what I was saying yesterday unless JT is dead set on playing for a contender and thus the dollar amount means nothing to him. If that's the case then so be it. 

If he doesn't want to play here, send him to fucking siberia baby. I mean Baltimore or some other shithole where they have no chance to compete. Teach these guys it's better the devil you know.

Trade him to whoever offers the best deal, whether it is Baltimore or Los Angeles.

From Andre Fernandez in The Athletic:

Jeff Berry, Realmuto’s agent, told MLB Network Radio on Tuesday that his client would not sign a contract extension with the Marlins and said he thought Realmuto “will definitely be wearing a different uniform by the start of spring training.”

Berry also mentioned that Realmuto had informed the Marlins of his intention not to sign a long-term deal with the team.

But a league source told The Athletic on Wednesday that Realmuto has not communicated any such intention to the Marlins’ ownership or front office.

The source said the Marlins plan to continue their efforts to sign Realmuto to a deal that would keep him in Miami beyond 2020.

I think you have to still present an offer and then go from there if he rejects it.

From Andre Fernandez in The Athletic:

I think you have to still present an offer and then go from there if he rejects it.

It's important to remember that we are in "silly season" now too.   There's going to be a lot of things said to manipulate trade values and contract numbers from now through the winter meetings. Everything that is said needs to be taken with a grain of salt - it won't be, but it should.

Braves beat reporter says Mike Soroka and Austin Riley were discussed with the Marlins in past conversations over Realmuto...

IS THAT GOOD??? 

Yes that’s good, but we’d need more more. That’s their top guy and number 5... which would be our top prospect lmao

[ATTACH]2310._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2311._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2312._xfImport[/ATTACH]

61683510-4590-4136-84DE-3AFF614D15A9.thumb.png.ad9566f14dd75d27e4226ab7271ce5b0.png

D34DA596-5B5C-47E2-87E4-374C77FB25E3.thumb.png.59b9dd3ea46ce66101ceef508190171c.png

4F484B86-A59B-4691-B1E9-5E6B751A091E.thumb.png.2238bc20ba03c40c1917c7fbce041bd5.png

Ideally though, you’d want a mix of Mike Soroka or Kyle Wright/Austin Riley/another  player in their top seven. It’s not hard to envision a bidding war in which we already heard rumors of Mike/Austin offered, where they throw in another one of their top seven. At first I felt this trade sounded too optimistic on our end but if Soroka and Riley already get the deal then a bidding war with say the Nationals and other top clubs could easily motivate them to trade one more imo

J.T. wanted out last year as well, even if he’s presented a market value contract he’s gone guys. Everybody pulling at straws saying “let’s hear what J.T. says” and acts like the agent isn’t EMPLOYEDby him need to realize he says what benefits J.T. in all cases. He doesn’t wanna be here and we wanted him to stay as an organization supposedly. This is different than other instances for obvious reasons and we should just focus more on trade talk than extension talk.