New Billy The Marlin

"Scared of the old Billy" is just people grasping at straws.

This new Billy would be ok if the eyes weren't so "Anime" looking, I THINK thats the thing that's throwing me off. Him slimming down alot too kinda kills the "joyfulness" of a fat guy, and takes some of Billy's schtick away too.

The "Nosejob" though, I can understand wanting to fix that.

The way they had this mascot rolling around, and acting- reminded me of Minnie Mouse at Disney.

Someone on Instagram commented that he looks like a Tiny Toon and that seems to fit. Tiny Toons was a 90s cartoon where the Looney Tunes characters were done as kid versions, they had bigger eyes, rounder faces/chubby cheeks, and an overall "cuter" look though for Billy that's a step backwards. 

[ATTACH]2707._xfImport[/ATTACH]

tinytoons_0.thumb.jpg.4c044669efca367f1492df74a2320415.jpg

There are only two major problems with him... the eyes are bigger and the eyebrows are more pronounced and it's a creepy look... second big problem to me is that the bottom of the head cuts off in almost a perfect horizontal line. Compare the old head where the bottom tapered and rounded down into the jersey like if he had a neck. This new head is like he has a big bucket on his head. It's bad. 

Minor problems, the fatter chubby mouth is odd, the cleats aren't horrible but how is that better than the fins that he had considering he is a fish? The hat logo omg shoot me. Why is it different than the real caps? There is no excuse for that plus that fake logo sucks. 

I don't have a problem with him being thinner because he's still "fat"... I was more afraid he would be one of those mascots with a big head and an almost normal adult sized body below it, which would make him look like a human with a fish mask, kinda like the body shape that Mr Met has.

Lastly I think it's a downgrade but I can live with the nose job.

Overall he is clearly being changed to be more for kids but I dont think a mascot has to look like a kid to be for kids. The best mascots in sports can take pictures with some adults and it still looks fine. Not this Billy though. 

Now that I think about it he was probably just changed to be different than the pre Jeter days. It's a mandate to change everything even Billy so that nobody confuses this ownership tenure with any before it.

I'm telling you they probably changed all the door knobs in the offices just because Loria's hands touched them.

22 hours ago, el_gmac said:

[MEDIA=twitter]1094303148435537920[/MEDIA]

I agree with all of this.

The hat logo is INEXPLICABLE.  Like WTF?  Why on earth would you have a completely different logo to everything else?  I guess I could understand if it were the patch directly.  But it doesn't match any patch, any logo, any anything.

I remember them saying they wanted to change the nose because they were worried about the other one poking people, so while I liked the old one, I'm ok with that part of it.

The rest just seems like they changed things to change things like you said.

---

It seems like they went more toward this cartoony version of Billy.

[ATTACH]2711._xfImport[/ATTACH]/monthly_2019_02/image.png.be30011b917f46408e25ce8774e32c48.png" data-ratio="123.89">

[ATTACH]2710._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2710._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.thumb.png.a68ac024f1a9958648cb8b090a0455de.png

image.png.7d1e40fc21b2ee4a60597885895095d8.png

"Scared of the old Billy" is just people grasping at straws.

This new Billy would be ok if the eyes weren't so "Anime" looking, I THINK thats the thing that's throwing me off. Him slimming down alot too kinda kills the "joyfulness" of a fat guy, and takes some of Billy's schtick away too.

The "Nosejob" though, I can understand wanting to fix that.

The way they had this mascot rolling around, and acting- reminded me of Minnie Mouse at Disney.

this is what happens when you watch too much dragon ball z

• 4 weeks later...
He looks fine from the side and from the back. The front pic though, not good.

Eyes too big, face too squished together... that's why the front view is bad. These pics make me notice that they weren't that far away from getting him right.

(I still hate the shoes too... he's a fish, what was wrong with him having fins?)

(I still hate the shoes too... he's a fish, what was wrong with him having fins?)

Perhaps they're still there, inside the shoes...   or maybe he was just self-conscious, ok? Nothing wrong with a little extra work being done, after the nose job. He could have gotten a 2-for-1 special that day!

Looking at that side-angle though I feel like the back head-fin looks a bit too big seeing as the nose was made smaller. The hat in the front picture reminds me of those British police bobby hats. Still hate the look the helmet creates on the neck-area. I feel sorry for the guy's adam's apple.

This is one of the biggest flaws. This should get more hate. The old Billy the head tapered down towards the jersey, this one is almost cut straight across horizontally. 

Agreed, I hate that horizontal line too - makes it look more like what it is - a mask - than a "real" thing.

• 1 month later...

I can't get over how bad Billy looks now. I seem to find more wrong with him each time I see him. Check out his legs here, looks like they just gave him blue sweatpants. It really looks like someone put together a homemade Billy costume, very much a cheap looking downgrade in quality...

[ATTACH]2949._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Screenshot_20190504-124306_Instagram.thumb.jpg.de20c8e2bdfa7df559ce617acb656a6a.jpg

I can't get over how bad Billy looks now. I seem to find more wrong with him each time I see him. Check out his legs here, looks like they just gave him blue sweatpants. It really looks like someone put together a homemade Billy costume, very much a cheap looking downgrade in quality...

[ATTACH]2949[/ATTACH]

I can see his RIBS!!! Denbo's taking this fat shaming thing to an Extreme!