Pitching Staff

Anyone else as cautiously excited for what 4/5ths of the pitching staff is capable of? Am I losing my mind or has our pitching staff gone 4 or  games in the last 12 without the starter giving up a hit in ST?

Richards is the one I'm most excited about with that changeup, but man- even Smith, and Lopez have been dealing. Throw in Alcantra, Straily and hopefully the guy we got from PHI and we might have a Rotation to compete for a while like the Mets had in 2015 to now.

How many games has our staff pitched a no hitter into the 5th or 6th and pulled the starter? Gotta be a confidence booster.

How come no one has given credit to Mel Stottlemyre Jr yet? "Its only spring training" but this hot streak on the pitching side happens basically immediately after Mel gets a chance to work these pitchers while this never once happened under Juan Nieves. Maybe the Marlins got really lucky bringing Mel over and hopefully it makes a difference sooner than later. 

How come no one has given credit to Mel Stottlemyre Jr yet? "Its only spring training" but this hot streak on the pitching side happens basically immediately after Mel gets a chance to work these pitchers while this never once happened under Juan Nieves. Maybe the Marlins got really lucky bringing Mel over and hopefully it makes a difference sooner than later. 

Cause that would be giving Jeter credit and we can't do that!

I really thought we should’ve traded Urena this offseason. I’ve always been a fan of his, but he’s 27 and super cheap coming off back to back solid years. He should have enough value to recoup a decent infield prospect that can join the new core. 

Strailys days are numbered. I’m ready to see a rotation of - Alcantara, Lopez, Smith, Richards, Neidert 

I really thought we should’ve traded Urena this offseason. I’ve always been a fan of his, but he’s 27 and super cheap coming off back to back solid years. He should have enough value to recoup a decent infield prospect that can join the new core. 

Strailys days are numbered. I’m ready to see a rotation of - Alcantara, Lopez, Smith, Richards, Neidert 

I feel like Urena could be a prime mid season trade candidate if he continues pitching the way he did at the end of last season.  A lot of it depends on how the hitting prospects progress.  The timeline seems a bit longer on the hitting side of things at the moment