9/14 Post Game Thread

Michael

25 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Amazing on the Marlins twitter account how many people have ignored the 7 wins of the last week and only bring up the blowout loss.

Hahahaha. Some people will never be happy no matter what.

Marlins in wild card/NL east race and the two teams in front of them are the Braves and the Phillies. 

Marlins play 10 games in a week, take 2 of 3 from Braves and 5 of 7 from Phillies, move into second place with 2.5 game lead over Phillies, get closer to Braves, and all some people can talk about are the two big losses, as if any team is going to go 60-0 this year or never have a blowout loss, even if it is a record setting one. 😂

I think probably even if the Marlins had swept all ten games in the last week, some people would still find something to complain about. 😂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ureña’s the kind of pitcher that gets traded to another team and has a 15+ win season, just because.. 😂

7 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

I will eat a hat if Urena wins 15 games in a single season. 

And who cares about pitcher wins anyways? Just means he happened to be pitcher of record when a team took the lead. Can do that in relief!

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Amazing on the Marlins twitter account how many people have ignored the 7 wins of the last week and only bring up the blowout loss.

If the Marlins win it all this year, be prepared for an asterisk narrative, with the shortened season, covid, and the Braves game. In reality we know we have had to endure more adversity than any other team.  We are on a stretch of playing 24 days in a row not counting double headers. We lost what, 18 players who tested positive for two weeks, while the cesspool media twisted the truth.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

If the Marlins win it all this year, be prepared for an asterisk narrative, with the shortened season, covid, and the Braves game. In reality we know we have had to endure more adversity than any other team.  We are on a stretch of playing 24 days in a row not counting double headers. We lost what, 18 players who tested positive for two weeks, while the cesspool media twisted the truth.

You're right but I won't give a shit anyway what they think.

haters gonna hate GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Banana 1

20 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

The public relations or media relations person did. 

I'll admit that's a little Loria/Samson-esque. I'm as frustrated with the lack of coverage as anyone but never ask for positive coverage, force the media to give it to you. It comes off as begging. 

Reminds me of that time post 2012 fire sale that Loria put put a page in the newspapers trying to explain himself and ask for forgiveness. I even agreed with much of it but the act was not well received.