Jump to content

Recommended Posts


I don't think we're making enough mention that this isn't a one year, stop gap, pretend we're contending and then trade 'em for a prospect at the deadline, type of deal. Giving him two years with an option for a third is a clear sign that they're trying to solidify the bullpen for a longer period because the hope is to be contending the next several seasons. And if 2021 is, understandably, not a contending year then at least they have Bass in the pen for another run in '22 and possibly '23.

Just saying that it could have been real easy to bring in relievers on one year deals only and they've avoided that.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't think we're making enough mention that this isn't a one year, stop gap, pretend we're contending and then trade 'em for a prospect at the deadline, type of deal. Giving him two years with an option for a third is a clear sign that they're trying to solidify the bullpen for a longer period because the hope is to be contending the next several seasons. And if 2021 is, understandably, not a contending year then at least they have Bass in the pen for another run in '22 and possibly '23.

Just saying that it could have been real easy to bring in relievers on one year deals only and they've avoided that.

Agree with all of it. 
 

and regarding contention, the 2010’s giants won multiple championships on the back of great pitching and mediocre hitting so we definitely have a chance to surprise! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't think we're making enough mention that this isn't a one year, stop gap, pretend we're contending and then trade 'em for a prospect at the deadline, type of deal. Giving him two years with an option for a third is a clear sign that they're trying to solidify the bullpen for a longer period because the hope is to be contending the next several seasons. And if 2021 is, understandably, not a contending year then at least they have Bass in the pen for another run in '22 and possibly '23.

Just saying that it could have been real easy to bring in relievers on one year deals only and they've avoided that.

Great points. We did the hard part of the rebuild; went from zero SP to making it an organization strength. Now we have to sure up the pen to make sure those good starts from young pitchers don’t go to waste 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Our offense is super mediocre lol

Just wait til literally all the hitters break out at the same time.

 

There won't be enough acne cream for everyone, it's going to be awful.

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't think we're making enough mention that this isn't a one year, stop gap, pretend we're contending and then trade 'em for a prospect at the deadline, type of deal. Giving him two years with an option for a third is a clear sign that they're trying to solidify the bullpen for a longer period because the hope is to be contending the next several seasons. And if 2021 is, understandably, not a contending year then at least they have Bass in the pen for another run in '22 and possibly '23.

Just saying that it could have been real easy to bring in relievers on one year deals only and they've avoided that.

It could also mean that if we suck and he pitches well, we’d get more at the trade deadline since he’s not a stopgap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Agree with all of it. 
 

and regarding contention, the 2010’s giants won multiple championships on the back of great pitching and mediocre hitting so we definitely have a chance to surprise! 

But it would be great if we have a lineup that much better than "mediocre ".

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

But it would be great if we have a lineup that much better than "mediocre ".

Definitely lol

I have a feeling they’ll sign one of Nick Markakis/Eddie Rosario/Ben Gamel/Adam Duvall and to a much  lesser degree Puig and Céspedes since they both are coming off lost years so their value should be relatively low right now. Also, Contreras is still on the table 👀

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...