Baseball Card Thread

On 4/13/2021 at 4:01 PM, Erick said:

Does anyone know where I can find data on the numbers made of a specific card? Like for supply and demand purposes. 

If it’s PSA, they have a population report showing the amount of cards graded for each rating. Once graded that’s a big thing buyers pay for

5 minutes ago, GuitarPik said:

Opening Day is like the cheapest set Topps puts out. 

My problem with Topps has been too many filler cards in their sets and packs and not enough "insert" cards.  If I bought a bix of Topps, I would get too many duplicates of common cards.  Smaller sets like Bowman and Donruss, you have a better chance of getting the good cards plus a good haul of autographs, subsets, relics, or  serial numbered stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GuitarPik said:

Does anyone use Trading Card Database to keep track of their collection? I started using it a few months ago and I’m up to 25k cards logged. I have so many doubles, would be cool to trade with someone to help complete sets. 

I should look into it.  I have 27 binders (and about 3 boxes full of cards i haven't even gotten into the binders yet.)  I do keep a word document of what players I have and what binders they are in, so I can find cards quickly

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I should look into it.  I have 27 binders (and about 3 boxes full of cards i haven't even gotten into the binders yet.)  I do keep a word document of what players I have and what binders they are in, so I can find cards quickly

You should check it out, it’s great. Tcdb.com

• Like 2

I got a 2021 Topps pack, one of the big ones with 65 cards, the other day. I pulled a numbered Topps all star rookie. I didn’t think much of it. Turns out it’s selling for ~$75! It’s Alec Bohm, # out of 499.

I also bought some really cool Marins cards recently. When they come in the mail, I’ll share pics here. I think y’all will enjoy 😀

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I have a couple of 2001 Upper Deck Pujols RCs... Should get them graded

Grading is INSANE right now. $50-$75 per card, waiting 1-6+ months.

It may be a good time to sell, either now or when he retires. Otherwise, might as well wait until his HOF induction.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Erick said:

Asking the more experienced here, shouldn’t Ohtani’s card be selling for more than what it was worth before the year started?

I would have thought so. I can’t quite crack why his cards aren’t going through the roof. They’re a good bit under Acuña and Soto cards right, it seems. Aaron Judge cards have fallen off, but so has his production. Ohtani is a bit of a mystery to me.

1 minute ago, mystikol87 said:

I would have thought so. I can’t quite crack why his cards aren’t going through the roof. They’re a good bit under Acuña and Soto cards right, it seems. Aaron Judge cards have fallen off, but so has his production. Ohtani is a bit of a mystery to me.

I expect Ohtani's to go up soon... Maybe people are cautious because of his injury history but the way he is hitting should change that.. Tatis and Acuna cards are skyrocketing right now..... As is Wander Franco's 2019 Bowman Chrome. (It's now $100 pre-graded)... and Julio Rodriguez (Mariners) 2019 Bowman Chrome just went to $50... It's crazy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mystikol87 said:

I wasn’t planning to sell my card yet anyway, but was just checking and the market price hasn’t budged at all. Bit of a bummer lol.

On 4/13/2021 at 3:54 PM, Erick said:

It’s a Topps card. 2018 RC, Ohtani Pitching In Red card, PSA 10. Got it on eBay for $175.

The 2018 Topps Ohtani regular (base) card is @ $6 pre-graded... It will be worth a lot more if it's got a colored border, is a refractor or if it's a short print photo variation where the picture on the front is different

For those new to collecting or just simply curious... Here is a good example of a photo variation....The card that is middle row, far right is the basic (base) card (2016 Topps Series 1 Stanton),,, it goes for around $1... The bottom row, far left is a Camo Variation (Miami lettering is in camouflage on the jersey - it also has a card code on the lower back corner of 7123 which means it is a Camo Variation (Books for $10).... A more rare photo variation (don't have it) would have a code of 7125 on the back and goes for $125

StantonCards2.jpg

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 1