4/12 at Braves - 7:20 p.m

SonOfJack

1 hour ago, FishFan95 said:

I have been going over it and I know that this will come out as a hot take, but I think they got the call right last night calling Bohm safe at the plate. I know that he did not make physical contact with the plate, but that is because Travis d'Arnaud physically moved Bohm's leg to the side thus obstructing the plate. He beat the throw and would be safe otherwise. How is this any different from standing in the way of a runner trying to advance and physically obstructing his pathway to the next bag? They made it so that you can't railroad fielders on the way to the next base, why can they still obstruct your path to the bag?

Eh, he already had the ball and was moving over to tag the guy - it wasn't like he stood in the way and then kicked his leg over.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Eh, he already had the ball and was moving over to tag the guy - it wasn't like he stood in the way and then kicked his leg over.

Bohm just missed the plate. If his leg wasn't moved by d'Arnaud's knee he certainly would have made contact with it. Don't care if the fielder has the ball. Moving the runner's body so that he misses the plate, even if it is unintentional should be grounds for fielder interference in my book. Same as physically blocking the base before you can tag the runner like Jeff McNeil did to the Marlins last year.