Jacob Nottingham was just DFA'd by the Brewers and I think the Marlins should take a chance on claiming him. He's bad, but not as bad as the current catchers we have in the organization. Big power potential (60) and a strong arm (60). Not a great fielder and strikes out a bit too much, but there are *some* decent signs in his swing profile. It's worth at least a claim to see what happens. 

16 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Jacob Nottingham was just DFA'd by the Brewers and I think the Marlins should take a chance on claiming him. He's bad, but not as bad as the current catchers we have in the organization. Big power potential (60) and a strong arm (60). Not a great fielder and strikes out a bit too much, but there are *some* decent signs in his swing profile. It's worth at least a claim to see what happens. 

Doesn't that describe Alfaro?  lol

image.png.55adbaa581fc3cdb7ac80ec757a3281c.pngPower potential

image.png.d370d7f98e92717c4fcc412385385a39.pngStrong arm

image.png.da5ff9aee5a9d07cf03ac02a003bbdff.pngNot a great fielder

image.png.82aa19ad3758ab628def91a184dd4ffb.pngStrikes out too much.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

His fielding has improved in all fairness, despite some of the insane passed balls.

Could happen for Nottingham too I guess.

And yes. Strikeouts.

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

His fielding has improved in all fairness, despite some of the insane passed balls.

Could happen for Nottingham too I guess.

And yes. Strikeouts.

Jorge Alfaro, currently 4th on the FG leaderboard for framing. As the president of the Chad Wallach Fan Club, I am stunned.

And he's up there with the big boys, too. Some fellas making a heck-ton of money to catch balls:

image.thumb.png.d5f22fc5194a2e24535d1a5a43d02574.png

• Shocked 1
1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

image.png.55adbaa581fc3cdb7ac80ec757a3281c.pngPower potential

image.png.d370d7f98e92717c4fcc412385385a39.pngStrong arm

image.png.da5ff9aee5a9d07cf03ac02a003bbdff.pngNot a great fielder

image.png.82aa19ad3758ab628def91a184dd4ffb.pngStrikes out too much.

And he looks a lot like Alfaro too!!!! Check this out 😳🤣🤣🤣

5e54584b3a2d6.image.jpg

https___reviewingthebrew.com_wp-content_uploads_imagn-images_2017_07_14897375-850x560.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1
42 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Jorge Alfaro, currently 4th on the FG leaderboard for framing. As the president of the Chad Wallach Fan Club, I am stunned.

And he's up there with the big boys, too. Some fellas making a heck-ton of money to catch balls:

image.thumb.png.d5f22fc5194a2e24535d1a5a43d02574.png

Maybe some of those passed balls was an effort to frame.  With more experience he should adapt to pitches that are more accessible to the ones that are not. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

And he looks a lot like Alfaro too!!!! Check this out 😳🤣🤣🤣

5e54584b3a2d6.image.jpg

https___reviewingthebrew.com_wp-content_uploads_imagn-images_2017_07_14897375-850x560.jpeg

Hahaha. I thought the same thing when searched for Jacob Nottingham earlier today. 😂

Imagine if we got rid of Alfaro and signed Nottingham, and they are basically the same.

It reminds me of that time that the Marlins traded Vesia and signed Fishman.

Vesia:

image.png.5bf5ebd1dad523a45aa33079a6a0e6b9.png

Fishman:

image.thumb.png.c10e2a01542b08ecdf2a7335a75eea45.png

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Hahaha. I thought the same thing when searched for Jacob Nottingham earlier today. 😂

Imagine if we got rid of Alfaro and signed Nottingham, and they are basically the same.

It reminds me of that time that the Marlins traded Vesia and signed Fishman.

Vesia:

image.png.5bf5ebd1dad523a45aa33079a6a0e6b9.png

Fishman:

image.thumb.png.c10e2a01542b08ecdf2a7335a75eea45.png

😂

Separated at birth!

24 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Alright this is definitely gonna leave to a Marlins lookalikes thread!

Hahaha, nice. 

Finding lookalikes are one of my specialties! 😂

Are we allowed to use former Marlins, or just from the current roster?

Edited by SirFishFan
10 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Framing is such a made up bunk stat that is just a stat head geeks' wet dream.  

You're a made up bunk stat.

But I mean if it helps, it helps. Lol. Umpires are *supposed* to call the zone and not how the catcher receives the ball but here we are. Framing works some wonders somehow.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Michael said:

You're a made up bunk stat.

But I mean if it helps, it helps. Lol. Umpires are *supposed* to call the zone and not how the catcher receives the ball but here we are. Framing works some wonders somehow.

Didn't Alfaro's framing improved this season ?

21 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Framing is such a made up bunk stat that is just a stat head geeks' wet dream.  

Are you saying that the framing stat is not factual, or that it’s extremely overrated in some regard?   Not that I don’t agree with you but can you elaborate without talking in absolutes. 

Edited by FishFry
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, FishFry said:

Are you saying that the framing stat is not factual, or that it’s extremely overrated in some regard?   Not that I don’t agree with you but can you elaborate without talking in absolutes. 

Extremely overrated on many levels that I'm not really sure what it proves other than who can steal more strikes?  

a lot of advanced stats are way overrated to me and too many put too much reliance on a lot of them.

But hey if it helps to show your guy as someone good....

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Extremely overrated on many levels that I'm not really sure what it proves other than who can steal more strikes?  

a lot of advanced stats are way overrated to me and too many put too much reliance on a lot of them.

But hey if it helps to show your guy as someone good....

Y'all know it's easier to just write, "I don't understand them, and I fear what I don't understand."