5/5 Marlins have no choice but to win every remaining game of this season vs. D'backs

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't wanna bust your balls but the thread title says that for the rest of the season the Marlins are only gonna win games that are vs the DBacks. 

No no, rest of the games vs the Dbacks for now. Come Friday, it'll be rest of the games against the Brewers. Then Monday, Dbacks again. Then Dodgers. Etc.

This lineup is so much better with BA back...and actually looking like a threat. Let's hope it continues.

Imagine Jazz and Marte were playing, too...😳

This lineup really looks way better than I thought it would be...and it's not great but it's just the injuries and consistency that is killing them.

• Like 1

Why option both Castano and Neidert and not call anyone up? Even if they only give you 3 or 4 innings, Isn't that better than to have to burn through half of your bullpen?  I mean, especially Castano.   He was decent until his last start.  I don't get it.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Why option both Castano and Neidert and not call anyone up? Even if they only give you 3 or 4 innings, Isn't that better than to have to burn through half of your bullpen?  I mean, especially Castano.   He was decent until his last start.  I don't get it.  

Yeah well I don't see your Manager of the Year trophy on your desk either! It's not up for us mortals to comprehend.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Yeah well I don't see your Manager of the Year trophy on your desk either! It's not up for us mortals to comprehend.

He would have double switched them out anyways after three innings.

Also remember to not watch this game. 💚

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael said:

He would have double switched them out anyways after three innings.

Also remember to not watch this game. 💚

Mattingly the Magician 

Jeter the Jester

I’m just  being silly. 

Edited by FishFry

48 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Because neither one is that good. A bullpen game is arguably better. 

24 minutes ago, Iowa said:

I haaaaaaaaaate these bullpen games.. totally could have been avoided by spending a few mil. But I digress. Go Fish! 

Don't even have to spend money, not sure why they wouldn't give Neidert or Garrett another shot here. Strange for a team that preaches pitching depth to keep having bullpen games. 

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't even have to spend money, not sure why they wouldn't give Neidert or Garrett another shot here. Strange for a team that preaches pitching depth to keep having bullpen games. 

Elieser and Sixto are injured, Cabrera too. And Meyer isn’t ready.

I don’t blame them for trying something different. Castano and Neidert have kind of proven that they don’t have the stuff to be traditional starters at the big league level. 

We’ll probably see Bender at some point tonight.

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

I don’t blame them for trying something different. Castano and Neidert have kind of proven that they don’t have the stuff to be traditional starters at the big league level. 

Neidert hasn't had much of an opportunity to prove that. I'd go with him over a bullpen game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree and if they want to go bullpen by committee then why send Neidert and Castano down?  Just use them for bullpen gms. We have the depth that’s not the issue.  They are getting exposed more because of the lack of run support.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Erick said:

Castano has been decent more times than not. He's not an ACE but he's capable of being a spot starter. 

Neidert has had what, 4 starts?  His problem wasn't stuff but his command.  He was walking too many batters.  His minor league numbers were good too.  You have to give him time to adjust to MLB hitters.  Even if he has some rough starts. 

These bullpen games accomplish nothing and just make you burn through your bullpen.  I see this as less of a forward thinking move and more of an I don't have a plan move.  

• Like 1