Jump to content

5/5 Post Game Thread


Michael
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bullpen game?

Bullpen shutout!

Huge 8-0 win.

Detwiler with a pair of perfect innings to start us off.

Holloway gets his first career win going three beautiful innings.

Curtiss with a pair.

ANTHONY BENDER!

And Zach Pop closed it out.

 

Duvall County was visited yet again tonight.

Brinson got screwed over thrice but got a hit in the end.

 

 

Just great stuff all around!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, Erick said:

Bullpen day is better than give the mediocre starter 5 innings days. 

Just cause it worked today doesn't mean it's better.  Long term it's not ideal. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Just cause it worked today doesn't mean it's better.  Long term it's not ideal. 

It's definitely better than what we otherwise would have trotted out today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Just cause it worked today doesn't mean it's better.  Long term it's not ideal. 

We have the type of staff that can get it done. Our staff is similar to what the Rays have had in recent years.

We currently have 3 guys in the rotation who normally go deep in games. 
 

And we have a few relievers who can go 2-3 innings on nights those guys don’t pitch.

It’s actually our best option until we can get Elieser & Sixto back or until the organization feels Meyer is ready.

Not saying Neidert and Castano can’t pitch in the big leagues, but they’re probably 2-3 inning guys themselves unless we’re forcing it to be “old school.” 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Bullpen game?

Bullpen shutout!

Huge 8-0 win.

Detwiler with a pair of perfect innings to start us off.

Holloway gets his first career win going three beautiful innings.

Curtiss with a pair.

ANTHONY BENDER!

And Zach Pop closed it out.

 

Duvall County was visited yet again tonight.

Brinson got screwed over thrice but got a hit in the end.

 

 

Just great stuff all around!

Maybe it's just not bad to have a bullpen game once in a while. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Lets put this in context.  Neidert & Castano both had decent starts apiece 2 out of their 3 appearances. Neidert never pitched past the 5th so he wasn’t in line for a W.  He had one bad start that ballooned his ERA with an already low amount of innings pitched.  With Castano it’s nearly the same although he was a tad more productive.  The center of the problem was lack of scoring. 

Look, Sandy hasn’t even had a Win yet, Lopez is 0-2 with a 2 something ERA lol.   Castano & Neidert pitched 5th in the rotation, it’s not like they preformed higher or lower to that. 

We seem to have the right pieces in the bullpen if it’s managed right.  Eventually, I think Bender will be our closer.  

 

 

Edited by FishFry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

Sucks that we easily could've had what, at least 3 more wins if we didn't have blown saves?

 

I guess every team could say that, though.

We had a blown save in game 1 and won it, so there ya go. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

There was the Washington walk off.

What's funny and awful about that one is, assuming all events stayed the same except for the auto runner on 2nd, we'd have lost that one anyways! Would have just been a 1-0 final instead of 2-1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

had to watch the game on replay last night.  slow motion replay of Bender's 1st strikeout pitch is bananas. 

the trajectory of that pitch is headed like a foot out of the zone and it hardly even starts to move until really late, then Leon catches it nearly in the middle of the strike zone.

and it's 98 mph.

i don't even know how you tackle that pitch.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

had to watch the game on replay last night.  slow motion replay of Bender's 1st strikeout pitch is bananas. 

the trajectory of that pitch is headed like a foot out of the zone and it hardly even starts to move until really late, then Leon catches it nearly in the middle of the strike zone.

and it's 98 mph.

i don't even know how you tackle that pitch.

You don't tackle it, you swing at it.

Silly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...