Jump to content

5/19 Post Game Thread


Michael
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Pretty upsetting final play. For all intents and purposes Yimi blew the game. 

Eh ... I feel like even Cooper would have gotten to that ball, to be honest, it was up there a while.

If it was in our ballpark, would it have even reached the warning track?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Is that sarcasm?

Nope.

It's not like Yimi struck him out or got him to make a clear out. I don't know which ballparks that ball gets out of, if any, but Yimi left one out over the plate and pretty much gave up a bomb and got saved by the dimensions of the ballpark. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Nope.

It's not like Yimi struck him out or got him to make a clear out. I don't know which ballparks that ball gets out of, if any

If it was going to get out of a ballpark ...

... this is the one.

That batted ball had an xBA of .210. 368 feet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Nope.

It's not like Yimi struck him out or got him to make a clear out. I don't know which ballparks that ball gets out of, if any, but Yimi left one out over the plate and pretty much gave up a bomb and got saved by the dimensions of the ballpark. 

I agree Yimi got kind of lucky, but I mean isn’t Citizens Bank Park known as a Hitter’s Park? I mean maybe another stadium would have been a HR, but I mean hey at least fish won. And Yimi has been pretty good most of the season I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Iowa said:

HELL YEA!!!!

 

Congrats!!  Hopefully the Marlins cover your side bets this year vs the WSOX

My betting days are over, but even if I could bet anything Marlins, I wouldn’t until the bullpen is consistently set in order.  If I’m going to lose it needs to be as close to the script as possible.

I know it’s hindsight, but taking the under on runs this year would have been a big profit. 

I see you doubled down on your winnings with a parlay bet to boot lol.  That gets me in trouble more times than not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Congrats!!  Hopefully the Marlins cover your side bets this year vs the WSOX

My betting days are over, but even if I could bet anything Marlins, I wouldn’t until the bullpen is consistently set in order.  If I’m going to lose it needs to be as close to the script as possible.

I know it’s hindsight, but taking the under on runs this year would have been a big profit. 

I see you doubled down on your winnings with a parlay bet to boot lol.  That gets me in trouble more times than not. 

I was betting with house money so i was feeling good. I dont typically do parlays but had a great feeling about this game w Rogers going. Im streaky. Hit a 6 game parlay a few months ago, won 1800 and went to vegas w the winnings lol. I hadnt made any bets pretty much since then so its nice to be back! Time to make some bets on the pga tomorrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Nope.

It's not like Yimi struck him out or got him to make a clear out. I don't know which ballparks that ball gets out of, if any, but Yimi left one out over the plate and pretty much gave up a bomb and got saved by the dimensions of the ballpark. 

I mean, if we’re doing this, that was really Yimi’s 4th out of the inning.

Hoskins hit was a routine groundball to 2B without the dramatic shifts we play.

Also, the 1-2 pitch to Knapp that was called a ball was a ball, but it was also a strike when they threw it to Brian Anderson the half inning before so it could’ve been strike 3.

Yimi looked a lot better to me after Miguel Rojas mound visit. Everybody listens to the captain when he speaks.

Edited by Erick
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Iowa said:

I was betting with house money so i was feeling good. I dont typically do parlays but had a great feeling about this game w Rogers going. Im streaky. Hit a 6 game parlay a few months ago, won 1800 and went to vegas w the winnings lol. I hadnt made any bets pretty much since then so its nice to be back! Time to make some bets on the pga tomorrow

The parlay bet made absolute sense. Generally if the Marlins do win, the score is going to be low so just stack it. Kinda feels like Rogers is going to have one of those years where everything lines up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...