6/2 Post Game Thread

Michael

Friday, May 28th, Red Sox up 5-2 over the Marlins in the 6th. Rain coming down hard and steady. MLB: "Alright let's call it."

Wednesday, June 2nd, Marlins winning against the Jays in the 6th. Rain coming down hard and steady. MLB: "Nah keep going." 7th. "Nah keep going." 8th. "Nah keep going." 9th. "C'MON BLUE JAYS!"

What the hell?

• Sad 3

• Michael changed the title to 6/2 Post Game Thread

My fan meter is at about 15% now. Meaning I've almost given up on this season. They're in a free fall right now and baseball has fucked them, the FO has fucked them, and Don has fucked them and his season. Ready for 2022.

I have tickets for Fridays game @PIT. I'll go but after today, I'm a bit less excited. Just a middling mediocre team right now with not a lot of reasons for optimism.

• Like 1

I'm throwing in the towel for this season.  This is not a playoff team.  Unless the FO makes vast changes (and I m not just talking about the players), this team is going nowhere.

Trade the veterans next month, play the kids and tank for draft like we usually do.

Where the fuck is this bright future we keep hearing about?

• Like 1

Just now, pollythewog said:

Hey I’ll be there too!

Was hoping we'd get to see a better pitcher than Poteet but I'll tolerate it if I get to see Jazz lol. Hopefully Jesus Sanchez by then too.

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

I'm throwing in the towel for this season.  This is not a playoff team.  Unless the FO makes vast changes (and I m not just talking about the players), this team is going nowhere.

Trade the veterans next month, play the kids and tank for draft like we usually do.

Where the fuck is this bright future we keep hearing about?

But but but...new tv deal and naming rights!!!! Can you feel the excitement?!?! Plus Todd will be back in the booth!

Ever since I placed a bet on the team to win the division, BA got injured, MiggyRo got injured, and this team, quite frankly, stinks. 

At least we have a positive run differential though?

• Shocked 1

I think this team should definitely sell. I've thought that for about a week now. Mediocre team in an awful division. Keep things in perspective. Doesn't mean they can't compete though with how bad the NL East is and who they'd be selling.

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

But but but...new tv deal and naming rights!!!! Can you feel the excitement?!?! Plus Todd will be back in the booth!

Where's the urgency? The culture of winning?  To Don, it's another day of "Ho hum"....  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

Normally I would be fuming at a blown save but with all the losing the last 20 years I just get mad briefly. 

Because it's not about one blown save here and there anymore. It's about the bigger picture of just continuing to shit the bed. 

I’m not an anti-Don guy, but I do think it’s hilarious how bad I feel this team is at shifting. I’ve never seen a number in terms of batting average against when we shift, but I’m pretty sure we suck just watching the games.

In that 9th inning, it’s pretty amazing what Bichette did with that pitch, but Aguilar should’ve been where the ball was hit. It’s a 5-3 game, the runner at 1B is the tying run...why is Aguilar not playing the line to prevent an extra base hit? Didn’t really get that. It’s pretty standard.

Also, 2nd game in a row Jazz makes a stupid error at SS. 

Also, maybe Anthony Bender should be our closer, he’s got A+ stuff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just messaged Jesus Sanchez, told him to pray harder so they call him up and that we need him!!!!! He replied saying ok I will! 🤣🤣  

Edited by Ema2R
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.