7/7 vs Dodgers - 7:10 p.m.

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

The fact that they still haven't picked up someone decent to fill in the rotation is just further proof of them not even making the slightest attempt at winning. 

Yeah I can't recall a team that made bullpen days a part of the regular starting rotation

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Yeah I can't recall a team that made bullpen days a part of the regular starting rotation

I can, the 2020 Red Sox, and they purposely gave up last year to get a good draft pick, which is obviously what the Marlins are doing here. And I know the Sox tanked cause pretty much the same group of guys is the best team in the MLB right now. Last year, Roenicke managed the lineup and bullpen in the most inexplicable ways that led to avoidable losses. Sorta like someone we know.

38 minutes ago, Erick said:

It’s a 4 game series.

36 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Maybe he meant beat them so soundly they don't bother showing up tomorrow and forfeit instead

No I was telling @SonOfJack that I might sweep today because I didn't get to sweep on Sunday because it was the 4th of July. A couple weeks ago he asked me if I was gonna sweep and I told him I'd keep him updated.

• Banana 1

The Rays opener/bullpen days seem more planned out and organized like if they know that it will help them win more games.

The Marlins bullpen days seem more like "ah shit we don't have a starting pitcher ready for this one, might as well run some relievers out there and hope for the best!"

Maybe it's just me but they don't seem the same.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The Rays opener/bullpen days seem more planned out and organized like if they know that it will help them win more games.

The Marlins bullpen days seem more like "ah shit we don't have a starting pitcher ready for this one, might as well run some relievers out there and hope for the best!"

Maybe it's just me but they don't seem the same.

To be fair, the Dodgers are doing the same thing tonight.