2021 Trade Deadline Thread

2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Maybe Heliot Ramos and Joey Bart for Starling Marte, a RP and one our draft pick pitchers from last year? It won't be Meyer and I think Eder is in untouchable territory right now.  Wouldn't surprise me if it's McCambley.  

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Would a big trade that's clearly meant to help create a competitive 2022 start changing how you all feel about this team and front office right now? 

It would. Not completely though. I still don't like how cheap they seem and their lack of transparency.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Would a big trade that's clearly meant to help create a competitive 2022 start changing how you all feel about this team and front office right now? 

it would tide me over until the offseason. they have NO excuse not to spend to fill in some gaps during this offseason.  regardless of trades made at the deadline, there will be more work to be done during the offseason.  So if it APPEARS they're getting in line to field a competitive team in '22 i'll be happy but that happy feeling will vanish if they do nothing again in the offseason. 

Fair?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I just listened to the Mish podcast.  Aside from Heliot Ramos, he name dropped Buxton and Mullins as potential targets. 

Buxton would probably cost us Meyer or Eder.  Not sure how I feel about that one.  Buxton is great but injury prone.

I'm guessing we can probably get Mullins for less than Meyer or Eder. 

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

Giants are not trading Bart for a future pitching prospect.  They are not trading Bart for a rental.

There are ONLY 3 viable options for the Giants to move Bart:

1. Trevor Rogers

2. Sandy Alcantra

3. Pablo Lopez (depending on injury status).

Thats it.  

I think you’re looking at it wrong.  For the Giants it’s about this year, going all in.  It’s not equal talent for talent or position for position for them.   That’s how this works and Ng better get it right.  

Just now, FishFry said:

I think you’re looking at it wrong.  For the Giants it’s about this year, going all in.  It’s not equal talent for talent or position for position for them.   That’s how this works and Ng better get it right.  

I know its not.  But they arent giving up Bart for a rental, nor are they giving him up for a pitcher nobody knows will be any good.

That's why there are only 3 pitching options the Giants would include Bart in a deal for.

Not exactly sure how I'm looking at it wrong here.  And for the Giants its NOT just about this year, no matter what some will have you believe.  They are a year ahead of schedule as it is.  

16 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Giants are not trading Bart for a future pitching prospect.  They are not trading Bart for a rental.

There are ONLY 3 viable options for the Giants to move Bart:

1. Trevor Rogers

2. Sandy Alcantra

3. Pablo Lopez (depending on injury status).

Thats it.  

for a Cards fan you know your shit 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

I know its not.  But they arent giving up Bart for a rental, nor are they giving him up for a pitcher nobody knows will be any good.

That's why there are only 3 pitching options the Giants would include Bart in a deal for.

Not exactly sure how I'm looking at it wrong here.  And for the Giants its NOT just about this year, no matter what some will have you believe.  They are a year ahead of schedule as it is.  

The focus for the Giants is only for this year.  Being a team in need to make that playoff push gives the sellers the leverage at a higher premium.  Every playoff push the Marlins made they over spent, that I remember.

Marte is a huge asset regardless of him being a rental next year.  

4 minutes ago, FishFry said:

The focus for the Giants is only for this year.  Being a team in need to make that playoff push gives the sellers the leverage at a higher premium.  Every playoff push the Marlins made they over spent, that I remember.

Yeah but Zaidi ain't no Michael Hill 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

It would help, but I am more interested in something like this:

Not Buxton specifically, but if the team shows it is willing to give someone a fairly sized contract, then I will be pretty happy.

1 hour ago, FishFry said:

I guarantee you Sterling Marte will not get you Joey Bart.