Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joey Wendle acquired for Misner

Featured Replies

  • Author
3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Ok he's an upgrade to our shitty offense but when and where does he play? Or did we just make the bench nicer? 

He's gonna be super utility so he should see plenty of starts moving around in addition to being off the bench other days.

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Ok he's an upgrade to our shitty offense but when and where does he play? Or did we just make the bench nicer? 

To be fair the bench was utterly repugnant 

What troubles me is that they were going to be forced to not tender him to make room for Kluber.  So, why couldn't we have given a lesser prospect?  Losing both Scott and Misner, plus the potential to lose Conine in the rule 5 is really going to hurt our OF depth in the minors.  

  • Author
1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

Losing both Scott and Misner, plus the potential to lose Conine in the rule 5 is really going to hurt our OF depth in the minors.  

Sounds like we better sign or acquire a longterm answer in the OF.

48 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Why wouldn’t he start over BA tho? 
 

Why are you so down on BA?

16 hours ago, fanofthefish said:

Another shit move by the FO, Wendle is a big strikeout guy without the pop that high strikeout guys have 

Also, how can anyone balk at Wendle's 19.2% K rate in his career or even his 22.6% this past year when the guy we gave up K'd at a 29.4% clip this year in mid level minor league baseball. You don't think that will improve as he faces more advanced pitchers, do you?

Edited by FishFan95

17 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Depends on the year, but pretty much. Besides he was a lot better as a Ray than as an Athletic. Why hold his first 118 PA's against him, when he has proven himself since? It is .744 as a Ray which is above league average.

Because they happened?

Why hold my fucking your best friend against me when its obvious its you I love! 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I'm just pointing it out since so many seem to be under the impression that this trade really is moving the needle by some significant amount!

I don't see anyone saying that, general consensus seems to be they need to do more. That goes for people both in favor and against this trade.

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

Why hold my fucking your best friend against me when its obvious its you I love! 

Ok I wanna hear more about this. When did this happen?

35 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I know the actual timing is because of the lock down but the Marlins have definitely shown the urgency I've been craving from them so that's nice. 

Urgency - It's what Marlins fans crave

this is an interesting move.  I mean it's kinda a move that (as I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned) a contending team makes to shore up the roster with guys so that when eventually someone goes down you can slot a guy in who is starting caliber.   Which - and I love Berti but - we do not have.  And certainly he'll start some too, there's plenty of at-bats to go around.  But just saying, once we had injuries hit last season, you knew it was over.  And sure it puts BA on notice a little bit, not so much that they're gonna go sign Wendle to some big contract, but if they're in the running still in August or whatever you start the guy that's hitting.  Whether that's 3b, 2b, whatever.   

I think this is another "viewed as a whole" move.  Perhaps not mind blowing on its own, but it improves the bench/team, but is not "THE" move we still need.  Hopefully we'll be able to make that big move, and can look at it "viewed as a whole" and say wow they did a good job.

I can't believe people are complaining about a legit utility player. Has anyone seen our bench the last few years? 

1 minute ago, Iowa said:

I can't believe people are complaining about a legit utility player. Has anyone seen our bench the last few years? 

I'm pretty sure it's in the dugout.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

I'm pretty sure it's in the dugout.

Damn you

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Ok he's an upgrade to our shitty offense but when and where does he play? Or did we just make the bench nicer? 

he'll play all over.  keeps everyone rested, etc, etc.   And of course when he doesn't it makes the bench much better.  I mean Brinson and Isan are tough to top, but...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.