2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I've been saying the same thing every year.  And I feel this year may be even worse/that it's more needed given all the younger guys with innings limit issues and coming back from injuries (which I've been saying too).

But he's the only one that's ever thought of it!!

I wrote a blog about it.  Don't recall seeing anyone else around here doing that.

So there.

19 hours ago, hovertical said:

I like it better than chipotle because it doesn't try to pose as quality food. It's just OG greasy, crunchy, cheesiness. Chipotle is just bland. 

That said, I think I only get Taco Bell maybe 3 times a year or so l. 

Freebirds is where its at anyway, though annoyed they upcharge for sour cream.  

16 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Fun fact. There is a White Castle in Orlando, FL. I think it’s the only one in the southeast US.

Krystal while very similar is actually a different company complete. Heavily inspired by White Castle obviously. Like the founders of Krystal ate at a White Castle and got inspired.. to make an exact copy it seems. But it’s not the same company in the same way that Carl Jrs/Hardee’s and Checkers/Rallys are the same company with different names in different regions of the US.

I keep hearing of people rating the checkers/rally's burger high, which is probably valid from my faint memory since they left South Texas over a decade ago.

If I ever run across one during my travels again, I might have to stop in.

14 hours ago, hovertical said:

Sonic and Whataburger are weird in the the sense that the ones east of Texas seemingly always suck but if you get them in Texas or west of - they're good as hell usually. Sonics are nearly as common as McDonald's when you're traveling through stretches of Texas.

I miss when they use to skate your order out to you though and give you a tray that connected to your car door frame. Them were the days.

Sadly Whataburger's overally quality has really eroded since they sold out to some Chicago based capital firm.

Sonic for me is near the bottom of the totem pole as well, which is sad as they have some fun items on their menus, just terrible quality control in most of the ones I goto.