2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

On 3/13/2024 at 9:13 AM, Das Texan said:

Sadly I warned about this.  90% of fans and some 95% of Marlins Twitter dismissed this as being an issue.

Marlins needed to sign one arm before spring training due to their innings limitations.

And well...look where we are now.

On 3/13/2024 at 10:58 AM, Admin said:

I also recall that a lot of people did. @Das Texan thinks he is the only one that thinks of everything

I've been saying the same thing every year.  And I feel this year may be even worse/that it's more needed given all the younger guys with innings limit issues and coming back from injuries (which I've been saying too).

But he's the only one that's ever thought of it!!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Valid said:

Fun fact: I've never had Taco Bell. Seems like it has been a wise decision.

I like it better than chipotle because it doesn't try to pose as quality food. It's just OG greasy, crunchy, cheesiness. Chipotle is just bland. 

That said, I think I only get Taco Bell maybe 3 times a year or so l. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I like it better than chipotle because it doesn't try to pose as quality food. It's just OG greasy, crunchy, cheesiness. Chipotle is just bland. 

Put Chipotle's salad dressing on the bowl, it makes it much better.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

One of the biggest tragedies of the past few years is the inflation/shrinkflation especially in regards to Taco Bell. Which for decades was always the place you went to get the best deals in town or when you were broke and had just $2.80 in your pocket you could actually get enough food to satisfy you. And while the food has remained essentially the same the prices have gone up so much that it’s really not worth it anymore. Might as well go to a real actual local mom and pop taco place which have sprung up in almost every town for the same price or even cheaper than Taco Bell and get some more authentic tasting food. 😂 I mean don’t get me wrong.. I do enjoy certain menu items like the steak burrito and such.. but dropping around $12 for a combo which isn’t even that much food as the side item in Taco Bell combos are a small beef hard taco instead of fries. Paying those prices are pretty outrageous. 

I will admit though that I will definitely stop at Taco Bell for their breakfast. I’m a big fan of breakfast tacos and burritos with scrambled eggs and bacon inside. Most of the time they have a $5 breakfast box with a breakfast Crunchwrap, hash brown, 2 Cinnabon delights (fried dough ball filled with icing) and a coffee or ice coffee all for $5 or so. Still the best fast food deal in town for everything you get!

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Also, Braves signed Duvall for $3M.

Wow.. totally saw that one coming from a mile away.. it’s like what’s even the point of him signing elsewhere and the Braves keep letting him go only to bring him back again. I guess it has been about the money for him knowing that he can get more money elsewhere but then the Braves always bringing him back. This is his third stint with the Braves. 😂

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

One of the biggest tragedies of the past few years is the inflation/shrinkflation especially in regards to Taco Bell. Which for decades was always the place you went to get the best deals in town or when you were broke and had just $2.80 in your pocket you could actually get enough food to satisfy you. And while the food has remained essentially the same the prices have gone up so much that it’s really not worth it anymore. Might as well go to a real actual local mom and pop taco place which have sprung up in almost every town for the same price or even cheaper than Taco Bell and get some more authentic tasting food. 😂 I mean don’t get me wrong.. I do enjoy certain menu items like the steak burrito and such.. but dropping around $12 for a combo which isn’t even that much food as the side item in Taco Bell combos are a small beef hard taco instead of fries. Paying those prices are pretty outrageous. 

I will admit though that I will definitely stop at Taco Bell for their breakfast. I’m a big fan of breakfast tacos and burritos with scrambled eggs and bacon inside. Most of the time they have a $5 breakfast box with a breakfast Crunchwrap, hash brown, 2 Cinnabon delights (fried dough ball filled with icing) and a coffee or ice coffee all for $5 or so. Still the best fast food deal in town for everything you get!

I love Taco Bell breakfast, criminally underappreciated, still feels like no one knows about it. McDonald's drive thru has a line out of the parking lot at breakfast time while I can pull into TB and be the only car there.

I've got one taco bell that can ruin my morning though because it feels like their coffee machine is never working and I can't have fast food breakfast without coffee. If I am able to go to a different location when I want TB breakfast then I go out of my way to do so.

Also, their breakfast salsa is incredible and I need it badly on every item. 

As for their prices I feel the pain on McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's prices now but for some reason Taco Bell doesn't feel as egregious as those places or maybe I just haven't noticed. Could also be that TB is more likely of me to order multiple single items as opposed to a combo and it doesn't seem so crazy like when I pull into, say, BK and I literally order one combo meal and I have to drop $12 and I'm like what the fuck? At Taco Bell I might order like 4 individual items and no drink and I feel like I'm not paying so bad.

Yes the breakfast box is a fantastic value though I don't prefer the crunchwrap, I'd rather their biggest breakfast burrito, I forget what it's called cuz it's changed a few times, it was the grande scrambler for a while. 

34 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

No argument here about the price gouging. It's even more expensive here to get Taco Bell than it is in Tampa. The Taco Bell down the street from us was charging $7 for a chicken quesadilla by itself. No lie. You could feed your whole crew at McDonald's or Taco Bell back in the late 90s for literally $10-15. It was dope. 

15 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I love Taco Bell breakfast, criminally underappreciated, still feels like no one knows about it. McDonald's drive thru has a line out of the parking lot at breakfast time while I can pull into TB and be the only car there.

I've got one taco bell that can ruin my morning though because it feels like their coffee machine is never working and I can't have fast food breakfast without coffee. If I am able to go to a different location when I want TB breakfast then I go out of my way to do so.

Also, their breakfast salsa is incredible and I need it badly on every item. 

As for their prices I feel the pain on McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's prices now but for some reason Taco Bell doesn't feel as egregious as those places or maybe I just haven't noticed. Could also be that TB is more likely of me to order multiple single items as opposed to a combo and it doesn't seem so crazy like when I pull into, say, BK and I literally order one combo meal and I have to drop $12 and I'm like what the fuck? At Taco Bell I might order like 4 individual items and no drink and I feel like I'm not paying so bad.

Yes the breakfast box is a fantastic value though I don't prefer the crunchwrap, I'd rather their biggest breakfast burrito, I forget what it's called cuz it's changed a few times, it was the grande scrambler for a while. 

That’s a good point. And actually Taco Bell has been doing much better recently. They recently within the past several months introduced a new value menu with I think around 10+ items for $3 or less. They have these loaded beef nachos for $3 which come with a very fair amount of nachos and cheese and beef plus tomatoes and guacamole on top. For only $3 that has to be one of the best values around and for a hungry guy/bigger fella like me those $3 nachos can actually fill me up pretty well. So yeah.. if you know how to do it right and mix and match the value items you can still get a pretty good amount of food for less than $10 and be plenty satisfied. But still those Taco Bell combos way too much at $10-$12 a pop. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

But still those Taco Bell combos way too much at $10-$12 a pop.

Now that you say this I don't even think I look at the price of their combos since I order by individual items, you're gonna force me to look next time. 

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Now that you say this I don't even think I look at the price of their combos since I order by individual items, you're gonna force me to look next time. 

Yeah you might be in for a surprise especially if the last time you looked they were still in the $6.99 range.. which honestly was like less than 10 years ago I think.

Imagine paying $12 for the exact same combo that used to cost $7 just like 8 years ago. Now that is what you call inflation.

• Like 1