Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henry Jones

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Henry Jones

  1. I can't peek at the game threads at work anymore, but I can't argue with the results.
  2. The Marlins were down 0-6 when i went to the mall to get my mom's birthday present. They won 7-6 the moment I got back. This means something....
  3. *sigh* I miss the Astros in the National League. Who else would let themselves be held to 3 hits in 7-1/3 to Brad "the White" Hand?
  4. Well, I got my coupon for voting over 20 times for Hits McGehee. Anybody want to fly me to Miami to use it?
  5. I'm sure we have the lead in the stat of team walks on Tony Gwynn Jr. by a wide margin. Of all the people to constantly pitch around, HIM?
  6. About this time last year give or take a couple days, I made this Facebook: "Sing like no one's listening. Dance like no one's watching. Play like you're not 23 games under .500." It's improvement. I'll take it. And for all the Gregg hubbub, take a good look at the relieving corp: Steve Chisek Mike Dunn Sam Dyson Kevin Gregg Chris Hatcher Dan Jennings Byron Morris Jacob Turner With A.J. Ramos injured, who DO you send out there, pray tell?
  7. I live near Kansas City, and the Royals talk the first two months of the season was nothing but "FIRE THE MANAGER!" Right now, they're .5 games out of the division lead. I can't imagine what the talk must be like for teams that are actually total disasters that had "plans" that are supposed to be coming to fruition about now and "good" managers. Granted, this team is over performing the HELL out of expectations and without Jose Fernandez, it shouldn't last, but if it does, hey, I'll enjoy the ride with a terrible manager. Beats going back to 2011 and having that lovely June with a manager the people liked. This is actually not a bad June for a recent Marlins team. Yeah, the 2013 Marlins were better in June, but they were out of contention by April 5th, so....
  8. Not to underplay a 4-game sweep with the in-state rival that put the Marlins in a tie for the division lead, but damn is Tampa Bay terrible this year.
  9. I'm enjoying this year's team as well, but I'll hold off until the end of June-the month of death for many a Marlin team-before I use the "g" word.
  10. Is Matsuzaka Japanese for Marmol?
  11. Henry Jones replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    This. More this. Winning, not the dog Buffalo Bill "Goodbye Horses" thing....
  12. Thanks. It took me far longer than I care to admit to "make" the avatar. I just finished a playthrough of Earthbound. Like you, I make my way through every few years. I'm a big fan of Earthbound myself. With my Super Bases Loaded avatar, I'm kind of a dead ringer for a Super Nintendo nerd.
  13. I'll be at work, but I'll have a little TV in the corner tuned to the game.
  14. Curt Schilling sunk a good amount of his money into a gaming company, didn't he? Yup. Released one mega-budgeted game that didn't sell well and the company completely sunk. Shame, because I hear the game was pretty good, though I never got around to it myself because I had my own budget problems to worry about.
  15. Ricky Nolasco is put in a vital Game 4 starting situation and it doesn't work out. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
  16. Hell, I used that WAR joke as a small piece of a giant, satirical post I made last year.
  17. Plenty of people will want the job when it's one of only 30. "Oh, I don't know...." "What do you mean, you don't know?! This is a chance to manage in the bigs!" "Listen, can I call you back? I got a guy on the other line about some white walls."
  18. This is probably the last thing I expected to happen today even if the last part definitely had this team's signature on it. Maybe it's because of the past couple seasons and I'm a fan of the Steelers to boot, but I'm finding it weird to feel this good about something sports related right now. At least I feel better about this team this year than I did last year. No, I'm not expecting a huge turnaround, but there's some momentum here instead of last year where the team felt like a dead zone and the end of the season just petered out.
  19. It's like Ed Lucas hates me feeling good.
  20. Henry Jones replied to a post in a topic in Game Threads
    I'll give this up for Chris Getz, he has RBI Baseball walkup music.
  21. Henry Jones replied to a post in a topic in Game Threads
    Hanging out near the visitor's dugout. Seems like both teams are calming down after expecting a slugfest and not getting it.
  22. Why do I get the feeling this is going to lead to the front office overpaying for a John Buck again? Not John Buck per se, just someone like him.
  23. Also, 28-24 since end of May. Doesn't really mean much for us this season, but still. If we can tie together our Aprils and Mays from the past two seasons with the June and July from this season, we might have something.
  24. Wasn't Pierre on the benches on a few World Series winners like the Giants a couple years ago? Maybe they're testing how much interest people have in a good luck charm.
  25. Thank you, Rockies! You're a good brother.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.