Everything posted by Henry Jones
- 7/29 Post Game Thread
-
7/28 Post Game Thread
The Marlins were down 0-6 when i went to the mall to get my mom's birthday present. They won 7-6 the moment I got back. This means something....
-
7/25 Post Game
*sigh* I miss the Astros in the National League. Who else would let themselves be held to 3 hits in 7-1/3 to Brad "the White" Hand?
- All-Stars
-
Phillies @ Marlins, 7/3 6:05 P.M.
I'm sure we have the lead in the stat of team walks on Tony Gwynn Jr. by a wide margin. Of all the people to constantly pitch around, HIM?
-
7/1 Post Game
About this time last year give or take a couple days, I made this Facebook: "Sing like no one's listening. Dance like no one's watching. Play like you're not 23 games under .500." It's improvement. I'll take it. And for all the Gregg hubbub, take a good look at the relieving corp: Steve Chisek Mike Dunn Sam Dyson Kevin Gregg Chris Hatcher Dan Jennings Byron Morris Jacob Turner With A.J. Ramos injured, who DO you send out there, pray tell?
-
6/16 Post Game
I live near Kansas City, and the Royals talk the first two months of the season was nothing but "FIRE THE MANAGER!" Right now, they're .5 games out of the division lead. I can't imagine what the talk must be like for teams that are actually total disasters that had "plans" that are supposed to be coming to fruition about now and "good" managers. Granted, this team is over performing the HELL out of expectations and without Jose Fernandez, it shouldn't last, but if it does, hey, I'll enjoy the ride with a terrible manager. Beats going back to 2011 and having that lovely June with a manager the people liked. This is actually not a bad June for a recent Marlins team. Yeah, the 2013 Marlins were better in June, but they were out of contention by April 5th, so....
- 6/5 Post Game
- 5/26 postgame
-
5/5 Post Game
Is Matsuzaka Japanese for Marmol?
-
4/15 Post Game
This. More this. Winning, not the dog Buffalo Bill "Goodbye Horses" thing....
-
Another Early Season Overreaction?
Thanks. It took me far longer than I care to admit to "make" the avatar. I just finished a playthrough of Earthbound. Like you, I make my way through every few years. I'm a big fan of Earthbound myself. With my Super Bases Loaded avatar, I'm kind of a dead ringer for a Super Nintendo nerd.
-
Opening Day Roll Call
I'll be at work, but I'll have a little TV in the corner tuned to the game.
-
Livan Hernandez Firesale
Curt Schilling sunk a good amount of his money into a gaming company, didn't he? Yup. Released one mega-budgeted game that didn't sell well and the company completely sunk. Shame, because I hear the game was pretty good, though I never got around to it myself because I had my own budget problems to worry about.
-
2013 Postseason thread
Ricky Nolasco is put in a vital Game 4 starting situation and it doesn't work out. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-
2014 coaching staff announced
Hell, I used that WAR joke as a small piece of a giant, satirical post I made last year.
-
Pierson out as hitting coach
Plenty of people will want the job when it's one of only 30. "Oh, I don't know...." "What do you mean, you don't know?! This is a chance to manage in the bigs!" "Listen, can I call you back? I got a guy on the other line about some white walls."
-
Henderson Alvarez throws 5th no-hitter in Marlins History
This is probably the last thing I expected to happen today even if the last part definitely had this team's signature on it. Maybe it's because of the past couple seasons and I'm a fan of the Steelers to boot, but I'm finding it weird to feel this good about something sports related right now. At least I feel better about this team this year than I did last year. No, I'm not expecting a huge turnaround, but there's some momentum here instead of last year where the team felt like a dead zone and the end of the season just petered out.
- 8/29 Rainbow Fish at Walgreens's
-
Marlins@royals 8/12
I'll give this up for Chris Getz, he has RBI Baseball walkup music.
-
Marlins@royals 8/12
Hanging out near the visitor's dugout. Seems like both teams are calming down after expecting a slugfest and not getting it.
-
Rob Brantly
Why do I get the feeling this is going to lead to the front office overpaying for a John Buck again? Not John Buck per se, just someone like him.
-
8/1 Post Game
Also, 28-24 since end of May. Doesn't really mean much for us this season, but still. If we can tie together our Aprils and Mays from the past two seasons with the June and July from this season, we might have something.
-
Who will get traded tomorrow?
Wasn't Pierre on the benches on a few World Series winners like the Giants a couple years ago? Maybe they're testing how much interest people have in a good luck charm.
-
7/22 - Marlins @ Rockies - 8:40 PM
Thank you, Rockies! You're a good brother.