Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fauowls44

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fauowls44

  1. Is there some type of meeting with the city or county today? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
  2. Great post on the financing and history of things Marlins 2003. All I can say is there is something significantly different about the current Miami proposal which has changed the formula for the financing. And I assume that this is a positive development?
  3. fauowls44 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    I really like both shows. If you haven't seen Psych yet, you should give it a chance. It is pretty funny.
  4. The play at the plate against the Giants should be #1. Whitmore's catch has to be top 3. #3 could be any number of plays, although Sheffield had a catch against the Indians in the 1997 WS that robbed a home run from someone. But the 1st two are locks IMO.
  5. First let me just say that those who are pissed at Girardi for not pinch hitting for Dontrelle have a right to be pissed. It was a very questionable move. BUT....... Who had the BEST swings the entire game for the Marlins? Dontrelle Willis did. I agree with Ramp though......Based on numbers alone you have to go with Helms in that situation. But lets not act like Girardi didnt have a REASON to go with Dontrelle. The kid tripled and then almost corked one out to right. And again, Hanley Ramirez defensive blunders seem to escape the wrath of who gets blamed for a tough loss. Make the f****** plays Hanley. :banghead I agree with you about Willis. I had no problem letting him hit because he had the 2 best swings of the entire game prior to that at bat. Not pinch hitting for Amezaga had me more upset. I personally would have hit Ross for him because you needed a fly ball and Ross's swing seems to produce a lot of those. Plus, you can complain all you want about that inning, but there were at least 2 others in which we had runners at 3rd with less than 2 out and could not bring them in. That type of non-situational hitting has cost the Marlins at least 5 games this season.
  6. well one he will be cheaper and two he and german when he gets healthy can overpower hitters for one inning and shut teams down. could u imagine mota german kensing and martinez we could really use a releiver like him I can imagine Mota, German, Kensing...In fact, i've had nightmares about that! Billy Kotch once overpowered hitters, you want to bring him back too? Seriously, what has Mota done in the past 2 seasons to make you think he can overpower hitters anymore?
  7. Been there, done that. He's pitched just as poorly this year as he did with us, what makes you think he's suddenly going to get any better? I'd much rather go with Resop, who at least has upside.
  8. fauowls44 replied to Iowa's topic in Off-Topic
    I saw the one where the border minuteman lives with a family of Mexican immigrants -- was that the season debut? Yes. Last night's was good. The athiest mom, was a complete dick. "What did you say in the pledge today?" To her son: "Do you believe in something controlling you, and making choices for you?" The father was a reasonable, good guy, and the Christian family, most notably the woman, were excellent. Oh, and I laughed my ass off when Spurlock was interviewing the Jesus actor, in his street clothes. I didn't think that the athiest mom was a dick at all. I'm sure she was just asking those questions because the camera crew was there. I didn't get the impression that they talk daily about how there is no god. She wasn't trying to tell the Christian family not to believe or change their minds. If anything, the Christian father was more "dickish"(if that is a word). Like the scene between him and his children in their car when they talked about the athiest family coming to visit. He was telling them to respect the other families children and play nice, but still gave off the impression that their was something "wrong" with them. Overall I thought it was a good episode and showed both sides fairly. Although I found the part with the Christian museum tour a bit creepy, with the guide telling the field trip or whatever that was that dinosaurs and man existed together. You can believe what you want, I have no problem with that, but to bring a baseless theory like that into a place of science and teaching it as a fact just seemed wrong.
  9. fauowls44 replied to Iowa's topic in Off-Topic
    I never miss it. It's one of the best shows on TV.
  10. Willingham should be in the lineup everyday, especially on the road where he hits much better (12 of 16 HR's on the road and an OPS over 300 points higher than at DS).
  11. http://capefish.blogspot.com/2006/08/fish-...-up-before.html That is good potential news..and nice Green Day reference in the thread title.
  12. I'm not trying to rekindle any hope of acquiring Andruw Jones, but Dave Van Horne was quoted on this website (I didn't it hear myself) as saying waiver trades can't happen over the weekend and thus Monday would be the deadline. As for the conjecture above, allow me to put forward a different scenario as to what was happening after the game yesterday. Immediately upon ending the game, with Marlins leaving for their roadtrip and a football exhibition game upcoming, the stadium crew lowered the mound (you guys do know it's on pneumatic lifetrs I assume) and all the hub bub reported about things being moved, I suspect was the (stadium) management getting a headstart on preparations for the upcoming football game. The picnic area is already gone, soon the clubhouses will be filled with football players instead of baseball players and so stuff needed to be packed up, setup and prepped with a crew already there instead of bringing them in for an extra day. Perhaps there was a trade looming, god knows Loria was on the phone enough this weekend, fifteen or so time by my count Saturday, but I suspect it (the packing up of stuff, clearing out the media room) may have had more to do with the Dolphins moving in than anything else. Well, according to the Sun Sentinel, Loria and Girardi did get into it about Loria yelling at the ump during the game. Appearntly, Joe asked him to stop and Loria said something back to Joe in front of the team. Hopefully that blows over and the two of them work it out. I would hate to lose Girardi after just one season. But you are probably right about the stuff being moved. The Dolphins play a game on the 12th, and the Marlins will be out of town until the 18th. So i'm sure that was just normal preparations for the change over.
  13. fauowls44 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    i guess the golden girls but i never hide the fact i watch it, im more guilty abotu the fact i watch Lifetime in order to watch it along with Frasier... another great show. There is no shame in watching Fraiser. That was one of the greatest sitcoms ever.
  14. anyone know why it wont be televised? Because Sunday night is reserved for the national game. Any game starting past a certain time on Sunday is blacked out if it is not on ESPN. It is part of ESPN's TV rights deal.
  15. Cookie is still here? I thought it was for 1 day. What happen to the other annoucer. Hopefully someone will reply to me since what Olivo just did I got a feeling my question will be left unanswer. Tommy Hutton will be back tomorrow. He is at a wedding this weekend.
  16. good writeup. I think the Panthers made very smart moves this off-season. Losing Luongo hurts, as he is one of the best goalies in the world. But with the way the NHL is going, scoring and defense is at more of a premium than goalies. Not to say that goaltending isn't important, because it is huge...but to pay a goalie $7mil is something that the Panthers couldn't afford to do and ice a competitive team. With the additions of Bertuzzi, Salei, Allen, etc. and another year of development for Horton, Olesz, J-Bo among others, I think the playoffs are very possible. In fact, I would be surprised if the Panthers don't at least get an 8 seed this year.
  17. fauowls44 replied to TheDon's topic in Off-Topic
    I agree with everyone who says that the first hour of the movie was a compete waste..... except for a minor character mentioning watching Marlins highlights. Also, anyone else find Colin Farrell distracting because 1. he looked like Mike Piazza, during his Dodger-years and 2. his accent was terrible.
  18. Link Great move for the Cats!
  19. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Borowski going to the Cubs for Pierre. The Cubs need a closer, Dempster isn't the answer. It would probably take more than Joe to get the deal done. Maybe JoeBo and a mid-level prospect would get it done? The Cubs don't want Borowski. They should be in rebuilding mode, what would they possibly want with a 35 year old closer? If they do trade JP or anyone else, it'll be for prospects.
  20. The source is ESPN. It's on the front page of espn.com.
  21. For Kevin Mench, Lance Nix, and Francisco Cordero. Pretty good deal for the Brewers.
  22. I love this idea that there is some "sucker" out there. First of all, one has to assume that if your team is leading a division, or in a battle for a division lead or the wildcard, there almost certainly is a GM making decisions who was smart enough to put that team together. To think that one morning, before Admin Beinfest comes calling, he's going to take a handful of stupid pills is ridiculous. It just doesn't work that way. I have to disagree. I think there are some teams out there that could possibly make a "stupid" offer for Borowski. There are a lot of teams in the Wild Card race that feel that they are a solid bullpen arm away from making a serious run. It's happened before and it'll happen again. I believe that the Mets once traded Jason Bay to San Diego for Steve Reed. It was only a year ago that the Marlins traded a decent prospect for Ron Villone. I'm not saying that the Marlins should trade Borowski, but I wouldn't rule out someone making a ridiculous offer.
  23. fauowls44 replied to Admin's topic in Off-Topic
    I also liked it. Spin City was very underrated.
  24. fauowls44 replied to Lefty's topic in Sports
    I've watched it. I thought it was very good. They do a nice job of reviewing the entire history of the franchise. They look back at the first season, the Heat/Knicks era, Zo's illness, then the drafting of Wade and the Shaq deal, etc. They kind of gloss over the first 3 rounds, and then look at each finals game. Every Heat fan should pick up a copy.
  25. He was good on BBTN and I can't see why they'd fire him, probably a behind the scenes matter....but he can be replaced on that show pretty easily. There are any number of former players that can talk about the Yankees and Red Sox continously for an hour.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.