Who Will you Root For Now?

OrlandoFish

For me, this is very hard. I have never been a fan of any other team but the Marlins. But I just can't root for this team anymore if they are moved outside the state of Florida. I guess the D-Rays are an option or no baseball at all. :crying

And what happens to this site if the Marlins are no more? Just curious on that one. I love the fans of this site and would miss you all. Would it be renamed? Would it still be a Marlins site? Sorry to ramble. Just have such a sick feeling.

This site isn't going anywhere, if the Marlins move the site will stay the same, the name may be changed if the Marlins change their name, but that's it. The forums will always be here.

If the Marlins move out of Florida, I will not continue to be a fan of them and I will not support them. I've already been a casual fan of the Devil Rays for a few years now, if the Marlins move out of state then i'll just become a full time D-Rays fan.

I would say the Pirates, but I imagine that's exactly what Miami looked at when it started playing chicken with Loria. Pirates threaten to move, city council pushes stadium through the backdoor after the voters reject a tax plan, team still plays like crap, and owner doesn't want to do jack about it. If anything, the Penguins are in the same boat as the Marlins: two sports one-upping them for their own stadium causes (with one of them fleecing the county, isn't that right, Mr. Huizenga?), overtaxed populaces that can't take on another publically funded stadium, and state governments that just don't give a damn. The only difference is that Sid the Kid is a superstar in the making, but then again, so was Dontrelle. Oy, the parallels are even closer than I thought.

Guest FishFanInPA

i'll continue to be an out of state supporter of the marlins

probably the only thing that would change this is if they move to jersey or some other place that i detest

then i'd become a twins fan

I'll live and die a marlins fan no matter where they are.....The Twins are my AL team.....

To be quite honest I cant see myself NOT being a fan any more. As a matter of fact Boston is now my new second team considering they now have Lowell and Josh, i like them and will always cheer for their continued success. I said this before and ill say it again, if i ever come into some extraordinary amount of money believe me ill try my hardest to contribute towards a stadium, but as of right now we have to count on others to keep baseball around. I trust Loria and Samson because i believe they love baseball and truely want to field a winning team, but the politicians keep pushing me further and further away (... as if i was such a HUGE fan of theirs to begin with). They love playing the "for the people" part, but they are so transparently void of any caring for the public that it makes me sick. self satisfying, superficial f***s. we need a stadium and the county has to make it happen, now im gonna go write a few letters AGAIN.

P.S. AND yes we do have to count on others to keep it here, no last minute "oh my god no stadium i better do something" petitions, Etc. are ever going to get anything done. the letters are so i simply feel better than i got my point to someone that CAN do something even if a lowely secretary is the one who reads it. its about time crogressmen and women start actually listening to there constituents for a change.

Im suffeciently seperated from the state, having not lived there for 7 years since high school, that I think I can continue to root for the Marlins if they are out of the state. Im from central Florida anyway. Ive never been to a game in S. Florida, never met the players in S. Florida, and never experienced them winning while I resided in S. Florida. Ive come to the realization that, although Im a Floridian raised, Im the equivilant of an out of state fan since Im not from S. Florida. Because of this, I cant abandon Dtrain, Cabs, and all the other players. Im sticking with the fish when I move to DC. Now if the Magic moved, that would stink for me since Im from C. Florida.