A Year Ago Today

MarlinGuru

Exactly one year ago today, our beloved announcer Len Kasper signed with the WGN to announce for the Cubs.

He is still missed.

FSN has got to change our announcer. Rich Waltz is mediocre at best and doesn't have as much baseball knowledge as others.

We miss you Len!

I totally agree about the Rich Waltz thing....He sounds like a really nice guy and he tries real hard but he

just doesnt have the MOJO man. Have you noticed that he knows VERY little about baseball? :banghead

With that said....I miss Boog WAY more than I miss Len although I would designate Waltz for assignment in a

heartbeat to get Kasper back.

Rich Waltz is good. I don't know why people here don't like him. His baseball knowledge is fine, and he showed plenty of enthusiasm.

However, I may be a bit biased, but the best broadcasters in baseball right now have to be Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper. They do the Giants broadcasts. If you guys have never heard them, tune in to a Giants game on MLB.TV or DirecTV.. however you can. They are awesome. Not only do they know their baseball inside out, but they are hilarious.

However, I may be a bit biased, but the best broadcasters in baseball right now have to be Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper. They do the Giants broadcasts. If you guys have never heard them, tune in to a Giants game on MLB.TV or DirecTV.. however you can. They are awesome. Not only do they know their baseball inside out, but they are hilarious.

Far and away my favorite, they're hysterical.

"Gamer." "Eliminate me." "Meat!"

:lol

I really dislike Rich, zero presence. Tommy and Boog for 2006! :thumbup

I'm assuming you know that Boog turned down the TV job last year (that's why we signed Waltz), and not only that but he has a contract still with ESPN to do Wednesday baseball.

Exactly one year ago today, our beloved announcer Len Kasper signed with the WGN to announce for the Cubs.

He is still missed.

FSN has got to change our announcer. Rich Waltz is mediocre at best and doesn't have as much baseball knowledge as others.

We miss you Len!

I totally agree about the Rich Waltz thing....He sounds like a really nice guy and he tries real hard but he

just doesnt have the MOJO man. Have you noticed that he knows VERY little about baseball? :banghead

With that said....I miss Boog WAY more than I miss Len although I would designate Waltz for assignment in a

heartbeat to get Kasper back.

Huh? Waltz is extremely knowledgeable in baseball. He knows historical facts/stats almost as well as Tommy. If anything, his iffy on screen presence is his downfall. His voice doesn't command attention...but he does a good job with what he has.