The Anti-Loria Coalltion

I think what Jeffrey Loria is doing to this team is dispicable. He wants a stadium deal so badly that he is willing to drag this team down to the bottom until he gets what he wants. He reminds me of the Red head owner of the Indians from Major League. He has no loyalty to us fans, who have been quite loyal to a team that continues to piss all over us every couple of years. Don't worry, I will still attend my 40+ games this season and I will still continue to be an ardant supporter. I think Hanley Ramirez shows a lot of promise, and Josh Willingham could mature into a great hitter. But, still, I am very mad at Jeffrey Loria. My best case scenario involves him selling the team. Seriously, we should put out a personal add: "Are you rich? Do you love baseball? Are you not a selfish jerk who abandons those who stands behind him? Than you're what we're looking for!". Ugh, I'm too disgusted to go on. Down with Loria.

i'm with you , loria is a jerk , he is setting the stage to move by gutting the team so tv will not to show marlin games , fans won't want to go to games to watch a minor league product while ownership raises the ticket prices . i dont dispute the fact maybe big changes needed to be made but these changes were made to destroy the fan base making it easier to move ...montreal all over again

I agree w/ you to an extent. I don't "hate" Loria for what he's doing. He gave this team at least 2 seasons of being competitive to see if they could draw fans. And we aren't talking 97 competitiveness, this came from homegrown talent. The Marlins had the best farm system in the country IMO and they used it the best.

Yeah, I hate the fire sale. I don't agree with it. And I don't agree with how Loria is going about threatening county officials every chance he gets. But lets be honest here folks, the Marlins have used Joe Robbie for 13 years now, they have won 2 world series championships and YET, in those 13 years, no stadium deal. Not even the hint of one. How much more does this team have to do to get a legit home? Loria is just doing what eventually needs to be done. Either get a stadium or move the team.

The only thing i wish would change, besides the obvious, is that Loria would put the team up for sale or start petitioning for private financing, which he should have done in the first place. He needs to stop asking the city/county/state for money and start looking for investors like the Cardinals and Giants did for their new stadiums. There is a lot of money in Miami that can be tapped for a new stadium, but Loria is looking for the easy handout and in turn re-destroying the idea of baseball in Miami.

another pointless thread

and im helping it by posting d'oh

If you don't like it than just don't read it.

and what happens if I dont like you? You can't be serious dude. What are we going to have nap time afterwards? :lol

:lol :lol Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

no but im having my milk break ... than comes nap time

simply tired of stupid negative crap ... this is going to be a loooooong season with lots of little kids bitching all day long

Dude, don't give me crap about being "a little kid bitching". My family and I have been season ticket holders since 1994. I've supported this team through the good and the bad. (and there's alot more bad than good to be honest). However, I love the team and the game. I don't need a winning team to enjoy the game. I will always be a fish fan. I just resent the way our owner is treating us. He thinks he can piss and moan and bring this team down to get what he wants. I think he's being a jerk.

Expos fan here - it's nice to see you guys are starting to come around with regards to the scumbag you have for an owner.

His biggest mistake, both in Florida and in Montreal, is letting Samson control the team. The guy infuriates everybody he talks to and is probably the last person on the planet I'd want trying to negotiate a stadium deal. When you're asking for hundreds of millions of dollars in exchange for pretty much nothing, you can't send in somebody that's so widely disliked.

I think it's pretty sad that once again the fans will probably be blamed for the demise of a team while Loria gets to move on to city #3 (and if it's San Antonio, that's a joke). True, fan support was far from good in Montreal in the Expos' last decade of existence and there's definately been problems in Florida, but his management team does an excellent job killing off any public goodwill.

When Loria bought the Expos, everybody thought he was our saviour. Opening Day attendance was the highest it had been in a long time and the Expos were the talk of the town after years of being simply an afterthought. Then, he hired Samson to run the team over the objections of every single minority partner, pulled the team off English radio (and now we learn refused to talk with a powerful Montreal businessman trying to put them on the air), and declined to keep paying a very small annual fee to reserve a piece of land for our new stadium right near the Bell Centre in the downtown area.

I do think Loria probably is financially capable of running a successful franchise, but until he ditches the midget he will never be anything but a loser. I'm sorry to see that you will probably lose your team after very similar mismanagement.

no but im having my milk break ... than comes nap time

simply tired of stupid negative crap ... this is going to be a loooooong season with lots of little kids bitching all day long

Dude, don't give me crap about being "a little kid bitching". My family and I have been season ticket holders since 1994. I've supported this team through the good and the bad. (and there's alot more bad than good to be honest). However, I love the team and the game. I don't need a winning team to enjoy the game. I will always be a fish fan. I just resent the way our owner is treating us. He thinks he can piss and moan and bring this team down to get what he wants. I think he's being a jerk.

Out of all the years of Marlins baseball you missed you missed the 93 season? Next to the 97 and 03 seasons, that was the best one.

wow, I guess nobody agrees with me. lol

I agree with you 100% but I'm sure some will scorn me for feeling that way, and say I have an agenda. Whatever...... :rolleyes:

Expos fan here - it's nice to see you guys are starting to come around with regards to the scumbag you have for an owner.

His biggest mistake, both in Florida and in Montreal, is letting Samson control the team. The guy infuriates everybody he talks to and is probably the last person on the planet I'd want trying to negotiate a stadium deal. When you're asking for hundreds of millions of dollars in exchange for pretty much nothing, you can't send in somebody that's so widely disliked.

I think it's pretty sad that once again the fans will probably be blamed for the demise of a team while Loria gets to move on to city #3 (and if it's San Antonio, that's a joke). True, fan support was far from good in Montreal in the Expos' last decade of existence and there's definately been problems in Florida, but his management team does an excellent job killing off any public goodwill.

When Loria bought the Expos, everybody thought he was our saviour. Opening Day attendance was the highest it had been in a long time and the Expos were the talk of the town after years of being simply an afterthought. Then, he hired Samson to run the team over the objections of every single minority partner, pulled the team off English radio (and now we learn refused to talk with a powerful Montreal businessman trying to put them on the air), and declined to keep paying a very small annual fee to reserve a piece of land for our new stadium right near the Bell Centre in the downtown area.

I do think Loria probably is financially capable of running a successful franchise, but until he ditches the midget he will never be anything but a loser. I'm sorry to see that you will probably lose your team after very similar mismanagement.

Please let rferry read this, PLEASE ! :whistle

Today's Attendance - 8,994

Whoever IS to blame, (and I think it's a combination of Loria, the State of Florida, and the majority of South Floridians) SUCKS.

Forget blaming the fans.....its not our fault. That product is an abomination right now....it is not worth paying money to see, at least not major league prices.

I agree w/ you to an extent. I don't "hate" Loria for what he's doing. He gave this team at least 2 seasons of being competitive to see if they could draw fans.

This comes from, again, the statement from Samson and backed by Loria about permanence and long-term committment. Bang it over and over, some long term committment.

Then, he hired Samson to run the team over the objections of every single minority partner, pulled the team off English radio (and now we learn refused to talk with a powerful Montreal businessman trying to put them on the air),

Just like he refuses to speak with anyone here. Yea, he said on the radio the other day that he will get more involved, than he added, "if they desire". He wont even just get involved, but will with the disclaimer that if someone asks him to.

Please let rferry read this, PLEASE !

Oh, he will, but instead of giving an adult opinion, he will insult you and call you names-therefore he must be right because he takes personal attacks.