Future/ No Future

At the beginning of the year, all Marlin fans thought this would be a year to evaluate talent.

Here are the players I think will have a future with the Fish and who have no future: (Includes all players who played this season and is currently in the Marlins organization).

FUTURE:

Miguel Cabrera

Dontrelle Willis

Dan Uggla

Hanley Ramirez

Mike Jacobs

Josh Willingham

Jeremy Hermida

Alfredo Amezaga

Miguel Olivo

Robert Andino

Scott Olsen

Josh Johnson

Anibal Sanchez

Ricky Nolasco

Logan Kensing

Carlos Martinez

Taylor Tankersley

Renyel Pinto

Yusmeiro Petit

Chris Resop

NO FUTURE:

Reggie Abercrombie

Cody Ross

Joe Borchard

Wes Helms

Matt Treanor

Chris Aguila

Eric Reed

Brian Moehler

Matt Herges

Joe Borowski

Randy Messenger

Jason Vargas

Sergio Mitre

Jeff Fulchino

Helms does not belong on the no future list but doesnt belong on the future list either.... Yea hes old but I would give him a yr by yr contract starting after this season.. Helms is a good veteran bench player, something you need in the playoffs... Kind of like Lenny Harris...

I would take off Vargas too.. Yea he's struggled but lefties are rare... you never know... low risk high reward..

Im pretty sure no one is going to argue with you

except on maybe Vargas.... and lol at Amezaga

I realize he is a nice guy to have around, but I think Andino could do the same job

I WAS one of the biggest Amezaga haters at the beginning of the year but he has changed my mind. He plays solid D, has proven he can hit off the bench (I mean last year he hit like .340 in AAA), his BB/K ratio is decent 27/36, and he plays many positions. I like this guy now, but only as a bench player.

Helms does not belong on the no future list but doesnt belong on the future list either.... Yea hes old but I would give him a yr by yr contract starting after this season.. Helms is a good veteran bench player, something you need in the playoffs... Kind of like Lenny Harris...

I would take off Vargas too.. Yea he's struggled but lefties are rare... you never know... low risk high reward..

Basically, these rankings are as of today.

I've always been a Vargas supporter but the fact of the matter is that we just have much more talent in the minor leagues as far as pitching goes.

Im pretty sure no one is going to argue with you

except on maybe Vargas.... and lol at Amezaga

I realize he is a nice guy to have around, but I think Andino could do the same job

I WAS one of the biggest Amezaga haters at the beginning of the year but he has changed my mind. He plays solid D, has proven he can hit off the bench (I mean last year he hit like .340 in AAA), his BB/K ratio is decent 27/36, and he plays many positions. I like this guy now, but only as a bench player.

thats nice.... I still dont think he necessarily comes back, then again, if it makes Cabs happy, thats fine too

Amezega is a tremendous asset off the bench, he can be plugged in anywhere, is a solid defender, has speed, and can hit pretty well in streaks.

Vargas, I don't think we should give up on, though with Olsen and Willis in the rotation, I don't think we have room for 3 lefties. Am I mistaken, do any other teams have 2/3 of thier rotation left-handed?

Helms is a guy I want signed for next year, he's an awesome sub and hits well late in the game.

Andino is a guy who I think needs to be evaluated more at the big league level before you can say he does or does not have a future with the club.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

what is the point of this thread

I like this thread. It promotes discussion, it's not concerning the front office or Girardi, and it's pertinent to current events (September callups).

I really think he'll be a role player on a major market team next year.. and get more money then we'd be willing to take on for a backup.

The guy can obviously play.. I'd like to see what he could do playing everyday.

on the back of Wes' baseball card it says----"If I get the chance to play everyday, I'll do great things"-Wes Helms