Don Sutton may join Rich Waltz & Tommy Hutton in the booth

CapeFish

Can we just have him replace Tommy Hutton?

Tommy is a fixture in the booth. He ain't going anywhere.

Don and his son may be reunited on-air as PBP/Analyst on the west coast (Dodgers? D'Backs?) but if Daron doesn't leave Milwaukee, Don could very well end up in South Florida on Marlins TV & Radio.

Maybe Cape or someone knows, or remembers this, but if I remember correctly a year or two ago FSN made an announcement about an all HD Marlins channel (this year we saw about 15% of the games in HD) with Tommy ultimately moving to the HD or premium channel.

Perhaps if the Sutton thing is true, this may be a move in that direction.

No Sutton please! I usually put the braves games on if I'm suffering from insomnia...hearing Sutton's voice helps me sleep.

I like THutton. The only thing I don't like about him is that I can't stand his whining about fans not coming to the ballpark. I understand his gripes, but he is the TV guy, and should focus 100% of his energy on making the best telecasts possible - not calling out the only fans we've got (even if they only watch on TV).

I also don't like how he does the "his name is Dan Uggla" thing with Waltz. You know he didn't come up with that, and was talked into doing it with Waltzy...it is OK when Uggla hits a HR on they show it on ESPN, but these guys are the local announcers...everyone watching them (including myself) knows who Dan Uggla is...hopefully we won't be doing that next year.