I don't know who else cares...

peteyrave

Fredo threw me a ball yesterday.

I went with my dad and my sister. Good game despite the rain. Cool hats given away. My sister saw her first baseball game and I had to teach her the basics of the game. My dad had fun. It's the first time I've been to a game with my dad since 95 against the Rockies when Terry Pendleton hit a home run down the left field line. Overall it was good to finally go to a game with somebody else instead of sitting in the Fish Tank by myself.

that's night. baseball is a game that should be passed from generation to generation. you are blessed in that way, that you can go with your dad to a baseball game. i've never gone to a game with my dad. my uncle is the one that used to take me to games as a child, but i haven' seen him in 13 years.

I went with my dad and my sister. Good game despite the rain. Cool hats given away. My sister saw her first baseball game and I had to teach her the basics of the game. My dad had fun. It's the first time I've been to a game with my dad since 95 against the Rockies when Terry Pendleton hit a home run down the left field line. Overall it was good to finally go to a game with somebody else instead of sitting in the Fish Tank by myself.

Yeah when I was 10 my dad took me to my first ballgame back in 93. We los to the Braves, but I got to see Benny Santiago go yard!

Fredo is the man!! That has to be one of the best things about baseball - whether it's a practice ball, a foul ball, a homerun ball - just being able to take a ball home is awesome. I have 1/2 season tix in 126 and it's always fun waiting for the in-between-innings-warm-up-ball-toss! I've gotten 3 or 4 this year and they're sitting next to the ball I got from Pierre in '03.

Glad you got to enjoy the game with your dad! That's always special...

You go to the games by yourself? That sucks.

Whats wrong with going to games by onesself? I'll sometimes go to an LSU baseball, or basketball game by myself. I end up meeting a whole lot of people. I'll also occasionally go to movies by myself. Nothing wrong with going solo every now and then!

Good job! Getting a ball from Amezaga is hard, seeing as he misses the fishtank half the time. I got a foul ball off Uggla last time the mets were down here.

I can't go to a game without someone else, cause god forbid I end up sitting next to those bastards who are going for the other team (not difficult here). But luckily for me my fiancee loves the Marlins as much as I do.

Whats wrong with going to games by onesself? I'll sometimes go to an LSU baseball, or basketball game by myself. I end up meeting a whole lot of people. I'll also occasionally go to movies by myself. Nothing wrong with going solo every now and then!

There's nothing "wrong" with it, I just find it somewhat boring. I went stag a few weeks ago

and it really sucked even though they actually won the game.

Agreed. When Im there, if Im alone, I dont really notice too much because Im pretty focused on the Fish. Other people go to the games to start the wave and do other things that involve not watching the game.

I go with my wife but i would not have a problem going by myself like the previous poster stated i too am one of those fans who focuses on the game almost to the point where i can ignore my surroundings ....btw i have got the topic starter topped my wife won the super fan of the game and we got a mike jacobs autographed jersey and on saturday i met and got an autograph at the aventura mall from dan uggla

Fredo is the man!! That has to be one of the best things about baseball - whether it's a practice ball, a foul ball, a homerun ball - just being able to take a ball home is awesome. I have 1/2 season tix in 126 and it's always fun waiting for the in-between-innings-warm-up-ball-toss! I've gotten 3 or 4 this year and they're sitting next to the ball I got from Pierre in '03.

Yeah it was special. I hadn't spent time with my dad in years, so it was cool to see him and take him to a game.

Yeah it was special. I hadn't spent time with my dad in years, so it was cool to see him and take him to a game.

My father hates baseball, but to me, going to games was something I always used to do with my Grandfather when I was a little kid. I still remember being like 3 or 4 and having my grandpa take me to Astro games in the old Astrodome.

Guest ShaqandWade323

One time, when I was 5, Chuck Carr threw a ball in my dad and I's direction, I put my glove out, ready for my one shining moment...

My dad put his glove in front of mine and caught it and stole my glory. I never forgave the son of a bitch since.

One time, when I was 5, Chuck Carr threw a ball in my dad and I's direction, I put my glove out, ready for my one shining moment...

My dad put his glove in front of mine and caught it and stole my glory. I never forgave the son of a bitch since.

LMAO

i have never gotten a foul ball or any game ball. i have been close a couple times but with no luck. :(

Um...the man was obviously just thinking of you, making sure the ball didn't bounce out of your glove and onto someone else and you never forgive yourself....

I go with my wife but i would not have a problem going by myself like the previous poster stated i too am one of those fans who focuses on the game almost to the point where i can ignore my surroundings ....btw i have got the topic starter topped my wife won the super fan of the game and we got a mike jacobs autographed jersey and on saturday i met and got an autograph at the aventura mall from dan uggla

as far as watching the game alone...I have gone to all dozen (save 1 with my family) games I've been to this year alone. Ive met people and one time I was talkin to a guy for a good 2 and a half hours and it felt like 20 minutes. But my parents have told me I get really serious come gametime because I get into the game. I'll shout "come on _______" while everyone else is doing the wave. I really enjoy going on my own, but I would like to have someone to go with no doubt. Same goes for Panthers games. It's exteremly hard to find people to go to Marlins games in NY and I really don't have baseball fan friends in Miami, so it's even harder.

at school I go on my own often, but for basketball and hockey my friends would find each other and we'd all just meet up at some point...for baseball, we all ventured out at some point and came in and out, and for the other sports, we sometimes ran into each other...so even though I go on my own I see and hang out with my friends.

Um...the man was obviously just thinking of you, making sure the ball didn't bounce out of your glove and onto someone else and you never forgive yourself....

uh.. yeah I'm thinking he was just joking there.

uh.. yeah I'm thinking he was just joking there.

Yeah, I think I was too.

I wish my Dad had stuck a glove out in 1970, when Willie Mays signed and tossed a ball my way, specifically. He recognized me and knew that I had been at a few games. Some jackass 12 year old twice my size behind me stuck his glove in front of mine and got the ball.

Guest Guest

My family and friends begrugenly go to games with me.

Might have something to do with the $8 beer and my quick temper when we screw up. Had an even keeled last year with my buds though, only argument I got in had nothing to do with baseball...it was with an Illini fan.

The best to go with your Dad. I used to take my Dad, but the last game I remember going with him was that brutally hot game where Gallaraga hit that tape measure job. We were in the upper deck and melting in our seats but my dad moved down to where the entrance ramp was behind a seat. He was sitting there looking comfortable and I was like a rotisserie chicken and could not figure out how he was so comfy. Well, there is a huge breeze blowing through those entrance ramps-had to be 15 degrees cooler. Just a story I remember. He was the first person I called from the stadium after game 7 in 1997. He passed two months later.