Michael Jackson is dead. R.I.P.

Ashley

[They're showing all of his videos and performances on MTV, btw.

Wow first time in decades they've put real music on there!

Well, at least something good came of his death.

I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a tear.

f***. :(

Yeah, surprisingly I cried a little myself. I guess I'm a bigger fan than I thought I was.

So is this what it was like when John Lennon died? I mean except for the getting shot part.

Any chance MTV doesn't go back to normal programming and becomes a proper music channel again? :( Even if they did most of the music would be crap anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Funny how some of the same people who bashed this guy for being a wacko while being alive are now sad over his death. What a joke. This guy was made fun of for being weird a lot. Now today it's back to "oh, greatest musician ever" because he's dead.

I'm not gonna say I hope he goes to hell b/c that's just disrespectful, but he wasn't exactly a saint, and I, somewhat, understand what Mets_bs is saying.

Don't just kiss his ass now b/c he's dead b/c if he wasn't, the majority would be saying "great musician, tremendous weirdo."

Why do you always do this?

Funny how some of the same people who bashed this guy for being a wacko while being alive are now sad over his death. What a joke. This guy was made fun of for being weird a lot. Now today it's back to "oh, greatest musician ever" because he's dead.

I'm not gonna say I hope he goes to hell b/c that's just disrespectful, but he wasn't exactly a saint, and I, somewhat, understand what Mets_bs is saying.

Don't just kiss his ass now b/c he's dead b/c if he wasn't, the majority would be saying "great musician, tremendous weirdo."

It's his gimmick son, it's his gimmick.

R.I.P. To the King Of Pop...The first tape i ever bought was Michael Jackson's Thriller,I wore that tape out...

Not only was he the King Of Pop,he did so many other things,And shame on the people that are making fun of him and calling him a child molester,he never touched any of those kids,It was just crazy parents trying to cash in of Michael Jackson's kindness.

You will never be forgotten,i will play all your songs to my kids when i have them so they can hear what great music sounds like.Also thank you for all your awesome video's,you really set the tone...R.I.P.

So is this what it was like when John Lennon died? I mean except for the getting shot part.

Any chance MTV doesn't go back to normal programming and becomes a proper music channel again? :( Even if they did most of the music would be crap anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Michael Jackson was and is 10,000 times bigger and better then John Lennon.

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson.

John Lennon was murdered in cold blood by a psychopath. Michael Jackson was a weirdo who went into a self-destructive tailspin and overdosed on Demerol.

This is more like when Anna Nicole Smith died.

It's not about how they died, it's who they were. Elvis Presly work for you then?

One of the things I've always liked about you, Mets_bs, is that you weren't a troll like most Met fans who come on here. Why start now?

John Lennon was murdered in cold blood by a psychopath. Michael Jackson was a weirdo who went into a self-destructive tailspin and overdosed on Demerol.

It's not about how they died, it's who they were. Elvis Presly work for you then?

One of the things I've always liked about you, Mets_bs, is that you weren't a troll like most Met fans who come on here. Why start now?

Not trolling, I honestly don't get all the grief. That and John Lennon is probably my favorite musician -- yeah the whole fake activism bulls*** was annoying but we're talking about a guy who was murdered and a guy whose death wasn't all that unexpected.

And yes, the Elvis comparison is probably more fitting.

Not trolling, I honestly don't get all the grief. That and John Lennon is probably my favorite musician -- yeah the whole fake activism bulls*** was annoying but we're talking about a guy who was murdered and a guy whose death wasn't all that unexpected.

You are trolling. You're not asking people why they feel the grief, you are just coming in here being a bit of an ass. And even more in the other thread. And if you don't think you're being bad, maybe you should look at the man in the mirror and realize the way you make me feel and why you make me wanna scream. If not, just beat it...

OK, the entire point of that post was really that part.

You are trolling. You're not asking people why they feel the grief, you are just coming in here being a bit of an ass. And even more in the other thread. And if you don't think you're being bad, maybe you should look at the man in the mirror and realize the way you make me feel and why you make me wanna scream. If not, just beat it...

Haha. Love it.

Haha. Love it.

Yeah brilliant. :lol

Not trolling,Agreed.

I had extremely mixed feelings when I heard the news.

I found it difficult to reconcile the contributions of the obviously gifted musician with the child molester.

I also drew the parallels between Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley. The difference being that Elvis actually got to enjoy a childhood, while Michael did not. He wound up being an instrument of his father's quest for attention. Michael happened to be blessed with unearthly talent and his father found a way to capitalize upon that fact.

Maybe I'm jaded but don't think for one minute that opportunists aren't already hard at work pimping a movie about the "Life and Death of Michael Jackson" I wouldn't be surprised if people haven't started talking already.

If you thought the announcement of his death was a media circus, wait until his funeral. This story isn't going away. The media will cover this up until the reading of his will and the announcement of the toxicology reports.

So sad- he wasn't allowed to be a child, so (I assume) he thought that the closer he was to children, the more of his childhood he could recapture.

I have been listening to the reports of prescribed medications playing a deadly role in his demise. I'm not surprised. When you get to that level of fame and influence, who has the guts to say, "No!" to Michael Jackson? I also think it's opportunistic of these people to come out now and say they've been concerned for years about his medicines. Why didn't they say anything earlier? It's easy to be the hero AFTER the battle is over.

I actually have a Thriller album in it's original sleeve. I'm keeping it in the vault now.

Do what?

(offensive language) so true

I think he was innocent, I feel extreme empathy for what his life was, I hate the media for what they are and it goes far beyond just Jackson. And now people being two-faced is ridiculous.

"Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst we do all that we can to destroy it."

I also really hate his music.

RIP