Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Marlins are changing their name?

Featured Replies

I am watching the game and I swear Samson just said we will have new colors, and a new name. It will be announced in Nov 2011. If we switch from the Marlins I will be pissed.

Pretty sure he meant that the name would be switched to "Miami" from "Florida" and nothing else.

 

 

 

I don't like the idea of the changing the colors but changing the logo is the last straw. I know he hates Huizenga but this is too far. Can we get a petition started including a boycott threat to get the logo kept the same?

Pretty sure he meant that the name would be switched to "Miami" from "Florida" and nothing else.

 

 

 

I don't like the idea of the changing the colors but changing the logo is the last straw. I know he hates Huizenga but this is too far. Can we get a petition started including a boycott threat to get the logo kept the same?

 

Boycott ? I thought most Marlins fans already are boycotting the games....at least it looks that way.:shifty

You really thought we'd have a new stadium, new name, new jerseys, new colors... and the SAME logo? Really?

 

...really???

 

 

Yes. No reason to change anything just to get a new stadium. Wait what? No reason to change the name and jerseys, but IF that is only way to keep the team in Miami, let alone Florida, then I can live with it, Just keep MARLINS in the name.

You really thought we'd have a new stadium, new name, new jerseys, new colors... and the SAME logo? Really?

 

...really???

 

 

Yes. No reason to change anything just to get a new stadium. Wait what? No reason to change the name and jerseys, but IF that is only way to keep the team in Miami, let alone Florida, then I can live with it, Just keep MARLINS in the name.

 

Im not saying they needed a change to get the new stadium. Im saying that if you all know a new name and jerseys and colors are coming... why is it suddenly a surprise that we're getting a new logo?

I don't like the idea of the changing the colors but changing the logo is the last straw. I know he hates Huizenga but this is too far. Can we get a petition started including a boycott threat to get the logo kept the same?

 

The logos have to change. The name change to "Miami" was a necessary evil to get the ballpark built. That I think we all can live with. But the colors changing is unnaceptable. I've heard through the grapevine things that make me sick to my stomach regarding the new team colors. I can't say more than that but please folks write your letters of protest...

 

Even if you've never been a fan of teal and black, trust me, you'll love it compared to what is apparenty planned.

 

Can't be worse than hot pink or like orange/black/blue hybird color.

Can't be worse than hot pink or like orange/black/blue hybird color.

 

Yes it can. If what I heard comes to fruition that is.

 

Please do tell. I am hoping against Gator colors but this what I have been hearing...something close to Orange and blue, but darker than the Gators. Is that close ?

A guy I know (I can't tell you who, sorry but TRUST ME!) said that the team is going to wear those Borat one piece bikinis in the new stadium as their uniform.

 

TRUST ME!

A guy I know (I can't tell you who, sorry but TRUST ME!) said that the team is going to wear those Borat one piece bikinis in the new stadium as their uniform.

 

TRUST ME!

 

 

 

Wondering what the new road uni's look like? :brigginbounce

A guy I know (I can't tell you who, sorry but TRUST ME!) said that the team is going to wear those Borat one piece bikinis in the new stadium as their uniform.

 

TRUST ME!

 

 

 

Wondering what the new road uni's look like?

 

 

Oh, it will be the same as that, just in gray, I am sure.

I dont have a problem with Miami Marlins personally. I do hope we keep a dark color uniform scheme though.

I'm sorry but the old Miami Marlins jersey looks god awful. Orang and blue are a horrible combination in my opinion. And why thr he'll would you want the exact same colors as the mets. Teal is going to be gone I would bet but I swear atleast give me something respectable with the new color scheme.

I know a guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy's wife's sister's grandmother's cousin's friend's father who is a very good source (TRUST ME!) that said we're going to play naked.

an anonymous source (MY DAD, PRESIDENT OF BASEBALL) texted me pictures of the new jersey with the new colors and everything.

Honestly, does it really matter? Were getting a baseball only stadium, which we have wanted for 10+ years now....

 

I could careless if they wear purple.. Im totally fine with changing the name to Miami, screw the state of FLA they did sh*t for us.

an anonymous source (MY DAD, PRESIDENT OF BASEBALL) texted me pictures of the new jersey with the new colors and everything.

 

 

 

LOL, maybe it's for the best considering every Mets game at Sun Life Stadium feels like a Mets home game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.