5/10 Post Game

gizmo

I was just watching the MLB at bat thing during downtime at work, but when the Marlins got a run or two off Cubs fielding problems, it felt like old times.

Honestly, the season is a success anytime we beat the Cubs. What are they going to blame those blunders on today? Fartman?

Given how bad our bullpen has been this year, it was awesome to see Clay Hensley and Leo Nunez give us 3 stress free innings.

Paulino has assumed the role of Mr. Clutch this year.

Robertson continues the current streak of awesome starting pitching.

Our defense looked ugly at times, as did the offense, but there were a lot more positive things that came out of this game than negatives. Coghlan seems to officially be coming out of his funk, our offense seems to be able to come back at any time, and Nunez is lights out this year. Nice all around effort in the later innings.

nice to see the pen do the job 7-8-9 tonight.

Pretty savvy pitching by Nate too. 2 of his 3 walks were intentional to get Lilly up to bat & get out of jams. And the 2nd run probably should've been unearned.

Paulino continues paying dividends for this team.

I wasn't really liking the approach at the plate from the Marlins in this game through the first 6 innings. Aside from Coghlan, who could easily have had a hit in the first AB of the game, it seemed like everyone was up there, trying to hit a home run in the cold weather of Chicago where the ball was clearly not carrying.

I know, I know... we won it on the 2 run homer from Paulino, but Coghlan was on 3rd base with 1 out and he didn't get home when the score was 1-1. Yes, everything worked out for us in the end tonight, but it could have easily gone a different way like it did against the Nationals. I'd like to see some more of these little things being done by the Marlins.

I voted for Nate as I'm a big believer in quality starts and great starting pitching winning games and then championships.

I must have caught the bad parts of the game because despite the win, this team continues to do some ridiculously stupid things. They basically gave the Cubs their 2nd run...Hanley ran through a stop sign, too. These things need to stop. We're definitely not fundamentally sound.

Nice to see Coghlan get his first extra base hit, though. He's swinging the bat a lot better.

Nice to see Coghlan get his first extra base hit, though. He's swinging the bat a lot better.

He is, he hasn't struckout in his last 23 ABs. The last time was the first inning of the 1st game of the Giants series. He's had 2 walks and 6 hits since then and there's been a few unlucky ones that could've gone his way too. All good stuff.

It felt good to finally see Cogs from last year at the plate. Cody Ross for the win with some phenomenal base running, Maybin gets the assist on the Double Steal. Bullpen was great and we got a solid game out of Nate. Got out of the holes when needed.

Overall, a middle of the line game, with some lows and some highs.

Positives:

Coghlan coming back to form hopefully

All Around Solid Pitching

Solid Managerial Decisions

BaseRunning

Paulino

Negatives:

We need to get some freaking offense going.

Unintelligent Decisions (IN-field fly that went ungrabbed, Hanley ignoring the big stop sign that would have possibly gotten us another run on a sac fly)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.