Favorite Marlins Moments

Never forget that epic Interleague series with Boston in 2003... getting crushed the first game and the coming back the next day thanks to a Lowell homer to win 10 - 9 ... or skipping class to watch The Marlins take on the Dodgers Opening Day 1993 with Charlie Hough on the mound and Conine going 4 for 4

Yeah, the moment for me would be Renteria scoring Counsell but if I'm going to go for a non-playoff moment.

Cowbell Night - Cody Ross

That was the greatest game I've ever been to, just for the atmosphere and the ending. With the cowbells and the energy of the crowd, it seemed like a playoff game, not just some game in the middle of June. I'll never forget it.

Yeah, the moment for me would be Renteria scoring Counsell but if I'm going to go for a non-playoff moment.

That was the greatest game I've ever been to, just for the atmosphere and the ending. With the cowbells and the energy of the crowd, it seemed like a playoff game, not just some game in the middle of June. I'll never forget it.

"You gotta love 'em... You DIE with them and then you gotta love 'em"

NLCS Game 1. Mike Lowell coming off an injury wins the game with a pinch hit home run in extra innings. It was the first Marlins game I saw since the last game of the 1997 world series. Basically, without that NLCS, I probably wouldn't be a baseball fan right now. I also remember in the bottom of that inning, after the last batter was struck out and we got the save, Pudge took off his mask and let out a huge sigh of relief. I haven't forgotten that moment and I probably never will in my entire life. Screw favorite marlins moment, it's probably one of my favorite moments of all time period.

Conine throwing out Snow at home plate against the Giants in the NLDS playoffs....

As far as best moment at a game I was at: the Phillies series at the Vet in late September of 2003 when we knocked the Phillies out of the Wild Card... With Lieberthal on 2nd, Jim Thome hit a rocket to left center, Conine made a great catch at the wall and then threw out Lieberthal at 2nd... Marlins went on to win that game

a few moments here...

Damion Easley bottom of the 9th 2 out full count... I have vague memories of this I dont remember if it was a grand slam or a 2 run shot but the Marlins were losing and I dont remember if he tied it or won it... actually I'd appriciate any details anyone has on this lol I dont remember what year it was. I dont remember who it was against. All I remember is that I was too scared to watch so I looked away and just heard "SWING AND A DRIVE!". It was awesome.

Also, Juan Encarnacion hiting 2 grand slams in opening weak of 2005. That was epic.

I'll never forget the fly ball in Chicago to Jeff Conine for the final out of the NLCS and the camera zoomed out and everything. Same day as my sister's wedding.

And of course I dont think anyone will ever forget Gonzo's corner.

And Beckett's tag and the celebration on NY turf.

i was at that game it was on supersaturday it was good win marlins everyone was saying cody cody cody

Maybe not quite as emphatic as it occured in the first month of the 2009 season but I loved that series in Washington where we swept the Nats despite trailing every game heading into the 9th inning.

And I also loved the moments previously mentioned such as the Cody walk-off, Uggla GS and back to back HRs off Kevin Gregg

The infamous "Bartman" inning for personal reasons. I seriously had a roommate who was a die-hard Cubs fan at the time, and the afternoon before, I told him there was going to be a Buckner-like infamous play in the game that turn everything into the Marlins' favor. Sure enough, it happened. When my housemate came back from watching the game with his friends, the conversation went like this:

"Buckner."

"**** you."

"Fair enough."

Taking my old girlfriend to her first baseball game ever....COWBELL NIGHT. Marlins won and she was a diehard yankees fan so that felt really good.

And game 7 of 97, my parents put me to bed early and i stayed up late and watched the game with no volume on...mom caught me up but wasn't mad and I didn't have to go to school the next day. And then renteria forgot all of his english! awesome.

I forget what year it was, but an Interleague game in Baltimore. The Orioles were in the process of intentionally walking Miguel Cabrera, except that he actually turned that AB into a hit. Whoever the Orioles pitcher was threw just a BIT too inside, and Miggy smacked it into RF for a hit. It was hilarious.

My "personal" favorite moment was the Pudge play, I don't think anything beats a play at the plate, and that play was just amazing on so many levels. Not only was the level of difficulty so high, with Conine having to make a perfect throw and Pudge needing to hold onto the ball after that hard hit, but it ended the NLDS. (Also have no idea where to find this video, there's no video of this online anywhere).

The great thing about being a Marlins fan is we have never had to deal with the pain of losing a playoff series :D

And FutureGM, I think the day was June 22nd, 2006.

http://scores.espn.g...http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260622101

Conine throwing out Snow at home plate against the Giants in the NLDS playoffs....

As far as best moment at a game I was at: the Phillies series at the Vet in late September of 2003 when we knocked the Phillies out of the Wild Card... With Lieberthal on 2nd, Jim Thome hit a rocket to left center, Conine made a great catch at the wall and then threw out Lieberthal at 2nd... Marlins went on to win that game

That, and Miggy hitting one out after getting dusted vs Clemens.