Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/6 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins win 7-4 and take the series!

 

W: Sanches (1-0)

L: Gaudin (0-1)

S: Nunez (1)

 

2B: C Coghlan 3 (4); H Ramirez (2)

3B: J Buck (1)

  • Author

Yeah I almost voted for Cogs. Please let him keep this up! Defensively as well!

Cogs had a great night, but this game doesn't go anywhere without that completely spectacular at-bat from John Buck. His hit was a game-winner.

I had to vote for Buck. 1) his clutch 3 run triple. 2) have to give him some of the credit for the pitching, which was good (even Volstad). BTW, love the bullpen, though Leo scares the sh*t out of me.

Really stupid that the Marlins want Leo Nunez to throw his slider more. If that hanging slider he threw to Zimmerman would've resulted in a HR, I would've been pissed. Fastball-changeup is all he needs; stop putting sh*t in his head that he has to use a slider to be successful.

And yeah, I voted for Buck; that was a big hit. Bullpen was very good, though. Mujica's been really impressive the last two nights.

Big Hit Buck gets my vote. Another great job by the pen.. but i have zero confidence in Leo

BP!

Beinfest looks like a genius with the Buck signing.

 

 

Your sig.....is priceless.

 

What I love best about it is that after that first game of the season you can hear it played on (I believe it was) the mets broadcast.

 

I had to vote for Buck. 1) his clutch 3 run triple. 2) have to give him some of the credit for the pitching, which was good (even Volstad). BTW, love the bullpen, though Leo scares the sh*t out of me.

 

 

 

Volstad pitched good enough to win the umpire messed him up and bad defense cost him 2 runs in the second inning and the error in the fourth another run. Bullpen did great again.

great comeback. love having a bullpen that holds leads.

 

volstad was squeezed on some calls as was everyone but donnie not going for that doubel play really allowed for 2 more runs to score. inning could have been over with just 1 run.

Volstad had 10 groundball outs today; didn't notice until I looked at the box score just recently. That's a good sign for him, at least.

I was puzzled with the double steal with one out and Gaby at the plate but other than that, great game... I still have mixed feelings about Volstad but as a fifth starter its an easier pill to swallow.

 

Buck for me, that hit really looked like it was out from where I was sitting but in the end it looked like they got it right.

Volstad had 10 groundball outs today; didn't notice until I looked at the box score just recently. That's a good sign for him, at least.

 

Those four walks to 1 strikeout don't say much though. Vazquez had the same problem the other night.

 

Glad to see the bullpen doing its part to preserve that lead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.