Rotation Change

Admin

After today's game was rained out, Edwin elected to switch up the rotation going forward as follows:

Sunday - Anibal Sanchez

Tuesday - Josh Johnson

Wednesday - Ricky Nolasco

Thursday - Chris Volstad

Friday - Anibal Sanchez

Saturday - Javier Vazquez

Bad news is there is no game today.

Good news is there's now a doubleheader on my birthday. Finally, the Marlins may actually WIN on my B-Day! :)

Edwin does not trust Vazquez or he's working on his mechanics or something like that and needs some more days.

As stated by Admin in his article on this site's front page, Edwin did this to try and keep the rotation on normal rest for the most part. Skipping Volstad and giving Vazquez more rest played a big part in it, but it's more to keep guys like JJ and Ricky active.

Bad news is there is no game today.

Good news is there's now a doubleheader on my birthday. Finally, the Marlins may actually WIN on my B-Day! :)

Edwin does not trust Vazquez or he's working on his mechanics or something like that and needs some more days.

As stated by Admin in his article on this site's front page, Edwin did this to try and keep the rotation on normal rest for the most part. Skipping Volstad and giving Vazquez more rest played a big part in it, but it's more to keep guys like JJ and Ricky active.

Admin's article corrections---if Sanchez pitches tomorrow he will have 5 days rest if he pitches on Friday not 4 days, Volstad was originally scheduled to pitch tomorrow not Tuesday, if Ricky pitches Wednesday he will have 6 days rest not 5 days.

Vasquez ERA 7.43 Sanchez ERA 6.97 Volstad ERA 5.59 are ALL struggling this year. Nolasco ERA 4.09 is OK for him I guess .I only feel great about Johnson

actually frisaro's article today shows that, as i had suspected yesterday, that vazquez is not repeating the same delivery from before. if you look at video from 2009, you see a quicker delivery with a lot more drive with the legs. i saw one pitch at 94 and vazquez almost fell off the mound. you do not go from throwing 94 to 85-86 in one season.

if he is healthy, then it is definitely a mechanical issue.

Well now there is no way we will lose this series.

But we can still win it, which is what most were hoping for.

In their careers, those front 4 are still 15-13 vs the Marlins. Let's make it 15-14 and take some early bragging rights, not to mention take some of the chest thumping away from their fans.