FoxSports and MarlinsBaseball.com Partner Up

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Read that title again, I'm serious.

I just signed the contracts and we are now officially affiliated with Fox Sports. The fantastic articles written by the MarlinsBaseball.com writing staff will now be syndicated by the Fox Sports network. This is a tremendous announcement that is made possibly by the tireless efforts of the writing staff here. I'm appreciative of their work and I hope more of you join the fold in the months ahead so we can continue to grow and improve.

In case you're wondering, I remain 100% owner of the site and nothing is changing design wise.

Guest Guest

Out of curiosity, do you make money from this site? Through both these affiliates and other methods?

Nope, I do it because I enjoy it but I lose money on it. Thanks to a few members who support the site via donations I come close to breaking even some months but others I fall short.

I just signed the contracts and we are now officially affiliated with Fox Sports. The fantastic articles written by the MarlinsBaseball.com writing staff will now be syndicated by the Fox Sports network. This is a tremendous announcement that is made possibly by the tireless efforts of the writing staff here. I'm appreciative of their work and I hope more of you join the fold in the months ahead so we can continue to grow and improve.

In case you're wondering, I remain 100% owner of the site and nothing is changing design wise.

Yeah Admin!!!! So proud to be a part of this forum right now!!

They should broadcast the award show :|

Yeah Admin!!!! So proud to be a part of this forum right now!!

They should broadcast the award show :|

I will be live blogging the awards on the front page come August thank you very much. I will also be offering up lapdances in exchange for votes in the "Other Sports" category.

Guest Guest

Admin, will this site (the front page and board) always stay up? I know the site has been around since 2002 going by your join date. Does the team know about this board?

MarlinsBaseball.com has been around as a domain name since 1999 actually, we used a different forum software prior to 2002. Actual site started in 1993 as a one page site on my ISP account. I have absolutely no plans of stopping it anytime soon.

Yes, the team is aware of the site. I've spoke with several prominent members of the front office about it actually. It was once also featured on the front page of the Miami Herald in a story about me and I did a live on-air interview with Craig Minervini about the site specifically back in 2004.

Guest Guest

iSo what does this mean for the exposure the articles get? Will they appear anywhere else :o

Yes, your articles will be linked from any of the network sites owned by Fox including the Marlins page on FoxSports.com on some occasions. Several articles written the past week have been linked on the FoxSports.com Marlins page already. If for some reason your piece fits it, I was told your articles will be linked on TMZ.com as well since Fox has a content exchange going there.

• 3 weeks later...

Admin announced this link-up on the same day as the Cousins/Posey incident. As we all know, since then the Marlins have absolutely SUCKED.

Sorry to say this Admin, but tell FoxSports and their national exposure to stick it! They are cursing us.

Hahahahaha!!! I came on here to congratulate everyone and I read this and now I can't stop laughing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.