Let's face it-- this is a .500 ball team.

sinister53

lets face it..this is a .500 ball team....they have a good young foundation which lacks game experience...these guys will produce huge dividends in the near future,,,we need to find some pitching...we have three good starters but after that we fall off and suck ass...hitting is also bad...the same guys come through time and time again while others with guys on base dont come through. we can look back after the year and see how many one game runs we lost which with wins would have put us in the playoffs or by best the wildcard..i know the season is far from being over...but there is no reason why any team should be beating us in the hot florida sun...just look at the 4 games we dropped to the nats....total bs....the front office needs to shake this team up...ok lets hear about the injuries....we need to reload not make excuses...

We're still like 15-9 (I believe) in one-run games.

Can we wait a little longer before predicting what this team is?

Tomorrow is June f***ing 6th and the team is actually only 2 games back of first place. Very much in it for the wildcard. Just because they've lost four consecutive one-run games thanks to a combination of bad baseball and sh*tty luck doesn't mean it's a .500 team. You don't even know what this team will look like after the 31st of July.

They just have to keep battling, and it'll turn around. They're not going to hit .145 with .RISP every week.

Hanley Ramirez and Josh Johnson are expected back, at some point, this month. That, alone, is a huge upgrade.

The team in 2003 looked a lot worse at this point in the season than this current 2011 team, and the 2003 team won the World Series. I'm not predicting a World Series; I'm just saying that 57 games isn't enough to know what type of team we have. We're not even halfway through the season.

There's a reason why GM's don't start making trades in June.

I don't agree with the topic or the OP. Gotta say though...with all the winning this season seeing a downtrodden defeatist thread like this makes it feel a little more familiar like home round here. ;)

You're a horrible sadistic human being... but I totally agree with you!

We're still like 15-9 (I believe) in one-run games.

Can we wait a little longer before predicting what this team is?

Tomorrow is June f***ing 6th and the team is actually only 2 games back of first place. Very much in it for the wildcard. Just because they've lost four consecutive one-run games thanks to a combination of bad baseball and sh*tty luck doesn't mean it's a .500 team. You don't even know what this team will look like after the 31st of July.

They just have to keep battling, and it'll turn around. They're not going to hit .145 with .RISP every week.

Hanley Ramirez and Josh Johnson are expected back, at some point, this month. That, alone, is a huge upgrade.

The team in 2003 looked a lot worse at this point in the season than this current 2011 team, and the 2003 team won the World Series. I'm not predicting a World Series; I'm just saying that 57 games isn't enough to know what type of team we have. We're not even halfway through the season.

There's a reason why GM's don't start making trades in June.

Seriously awesome post, couldn't have said it better myself.

Come on people, I know we are all disgusted about these 4 games and more specifically the end of May and beginning of June but it's a slide, and none of the games we were out of.

I won't start to worry unless we play like this against our division.

I belive we are a better team then .500 I also belive we can reach the post season, that is a real possibility, I think if/when we did get to the post season I think we would get trashed in the first round though.

Who's going to trash us? The Cardinals who we split with? The Reds who we beat (I think)? The Giants who we swept? We've beaten almost every one of the good teams until we caught Arizona and Milwaukee, even though the Phillies have taken 3/5.

And with JJ, Anibal, and Ricky, we could very well be competitive in any series against any team, especially a short series.

In all honesty, I don't really have a problem with someone saying this is a .500 team. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we played .500 ball from here on out. I don't expect it, but I can see it.

I have a problem with saying it after 4 straight 1-run losses, or whatever it's been, after we won like 15 out of 18 1 run games prior.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.