Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

If the colors were used to make the "M" 3 dimensional, that would be one thing, but this looks like something oit of a kindergartener's coloring book. I would completely eliminate yellow, then use the other two to make it 3D. Bob, is this something you might be able to experiment with? I could probably do it if I played with it for a week, but this seems like something you're prettu good and quick at.

I for one love the colour scheme, it is one of my favourite complimentary pairs (blue & orange) and the yellow just gives it a zing. I love the font choice but I will say the positioning of the Marlin throws things off a bit. It would be better if the marlins was reversed with the tail behind the M and the head in front (I think someone did a render of what it would like)

I think they did a good job of balancing the triad colour scheme

I can't wait to see the uni's

It is just the corporateness of it. I am in advertising, and the first things you learn is that colors have mental subliminal messages. Why do think all fast food restaurants are red and yellow. It makes us hungry. The more I think about it, the madder I become. It does look like an amusement park, an insurance company logo, a transit line,,,,, it is there for one reason, to make us spend more money at the damn stadium. That is it. It is set up for tourists that want the "Miami" experience. This whole stadium is set up so people who like the Mets, Phillies and Cubs have a nice place to go to watch a game, and bring home cool Miami souvenirs that remind them of the city. It is not just a logo.

Even though it's gotten some positive feedback here and on the sports logo forum, it's gotten a lot of negative feedback from people on Sun-Sentinel Miami Herald, and other places online. Anyone think they may just release everything so we can get a complete picture before everyone's opinion is formed without a complete set of images? It will be harder for people to form a positive opinion if its tainted by an initially negative one.

I know Loria wants to have his ceremony, but he can still do that without revealing the logo for the first time since its been leaked in some fashion anyway.

It is soooo sad to me, sports teams do not care about Miami citizens anymore. They have learned the value of the tourism dollar in Miami. It is not just the Marlins. The Dolphins have a "Gator day" Gloria Estefan singing and market everything a party, a fiesta. I have never seen a more blatant attempt at drawing in tourist fans. It looks like a t-shirt you would buy at an amusement park for a reason. The stadium is one.

It is soooo sad to me, sports teams do not care about Miami citizens anymore. They have learned the value of the tourism dollar in Miami. It is not just the Marlins. The Dolphins have a "Gator day" Gloria Estefan singing and market everything a party, a fiesta. I have never seen a more blatant attempt at drawing in tourist fans. It looks like a t-shirt you would buy at an amusement park for a reason. The stadium is one.

Aside from getting their fans a stadium and not relocating?