November 14, 201114 yr joecapMARLINS joe capozzi #Marlins RT @KBurkhardtSNY Hanley Ramirez is fine moving 4 Reyes. Don't b shocked if Hanley is opening day CF, not 3B if Reyes goes miami. 16 minutes ago
November 14, 201114 yr Ehhh......I think 3B would be better for Hanley. If we don't end up geting Cespedes, Boni would fit in fine at center probaby splitting with Coghlan.
November 14, 201114 yr Coghlan at third would be alright if they are dead set on having Hanley in Center. It would probably be less wear and tear on Cogs knees too. Its a more natural position for Cogs anyway. Just hope he can get that bat going.
November 14, 201114 yr If we do get Reyes, and Cespedes price tag is too high, what do we do? just put boni back in CF, try to get Buehrle and call it an offseason? I still think we might be active trading for pitching
November 14, 201114 yr How about someone like David dejesus or coco crisp for centerfield, if cespedes becomes to expensive.
November 14, 201114 yr Don't think Hanley will take kindly to someone else earning more than him not named Pujols! This is what I think too. I have this feeling that Hanley will get all "prima donna" on us, and pout. Its a risk as long as you have him on the team. That is why I think trading Hanley when you sign Reyes. I know it would be ideal to have them both on the team, but Hanley is such a head case I think his "personality" will not allow him to ever be 2nd fiddle. Notice the other night who was 1st out to show off his uniform ?
November 14, 201114 yr How about someone like David dejesus or coco crisp for centerfield, if cespedes becomes to expensive. Sizemore could still be an option. I'd rather put boni back there and spend our money on pitching
November 14, 201114 yr Don't think Hanley will take kindly to someone else earning more than him not named Pujols! This is what I think too. I have this feeling that Hanley will get all "prima donna" on us, and pout. Its a risk as long as you have him on the team. That is why I think trading Hanley when you sign Reyes. I know it would be ideal to have them both on the team, but Hanley is such a head case I think his "personality" will not allow him to ever be 2nd fiddle. Notice the other night who was 1st out to show off his uniform ? Same couldve been said about the Heat big 3
November 14, 201114 yr Don't think Hanley will take kindly to someone else earning more than him not named Pujols! This is what I think too. I have this feeling that Hanley will get all "prima donna" on us, and pout. Its a risk as long as you have him on the team. That is why I think trading Hanley when you sign Reyes. I know it would be ideal to have them both on the team, but Hanley is such a head case I think his "personality" will not allow him to ever be 2nd fiddle. Notice the other night who was 1st out to show off his uniform ?
November 14, 201114 yr My guess is something like 3yr/70MM. So say byebye to Pujols. All we need to do is get Cespedes for the offensive end, then we can focus on starters, starters, and more starters. That would be my plan too. Reyes & Cespedes, then pitching....start with Buhrle, and go from there. :woohoo
November 14, 201114 yr Don't think Hanley will take kindly to someone else earning more than him not named Pujols! This is what I think too. I have this feeling that Hanley will get all "prima donna" on us, and pout. Its a risk as long as you have him on the team. That is why I think trading Hanley when you sign Reyes. I know it would be ideal to have them both on the team, but Hanley is such a head case I think his "personality" will not allow him to ever be 2nd fiddle. Notice the other night who was 1st out to show off his uniform ? Same couldve been said about the Heat big 3 D Wade, LeBron & Bosh all are much more mature than Hanley. They decided to come together themselves. Hanley would be told he needs to do something and I am not sure he likes to do that, especially when that someone coming in is going to take his spot. I could see him getting all huffy about it, and refusing, and thereby screwing our chances for Reyes. Then management will really have a problem on their hands. I still say the best thing to do is, get rid of Hanley within a couple of days of Reyes signing.
November 14, 201114 yr Don't think Hanley will take kindly to someone else earning more than him not named Pujols! This is what I think too. I have this feeling that Hanley will get all "prima donna" on us, and pout. Its a risk as long as you have him on the team. That is why I think trading Hanley when you sign Reyes. I know it would be ideal to have them both on the team, but Hanley is such a head case I think his "personality" will not allow him to ever be 2nd fiddle. Notice the other night who was 1st out to show off his uniform ? Same couldve been said about the Heat big 3 D Wade, LeBron & Bosh all are much more mature than Hanley. They decided to come together themselves. Hanley would be told he needs to do something and I am not sure he likes to do that, especially when that someone coming in is going to take his spot. I could see him getting all huffy about it, and refusing, and thereby screwing our chances for Reyes. Then management will really have a problem on their hands. I still say the best thing to do is, get rid of Hanley within a couple of days of Reyes signing. That would be the worst thing to do.
November 14, 201114 yr Look, Hanley said he'd be willing to move for Reyes and they are very good friends. I don't see Hanley becoming an ultra bitch over this if we do indeed get Reyes.
November 14, 201114 yr Author Don't think Hanley will take kindly to someone else earning more than him not named Pujols! This is what I think too. I have this feeling that Hanley will get all "prima donna" on us, and pout. Its a risk as long as you have him on the team. That is why I think trading Hanley when you sign Reyes. I know it would be ideal to have them both on the team, but Hanley is such a head case I think his "personality" will not allow him to ever be 2nd fiddle. Notice the other night who was 1st out to show off his uniform ? Same couldve been said about the Heat big 3 I still say the best thing to do is, get rid of Hanley within a couple of days of Reyes signing.
November 14, 201114 yr Quote: Brendan_Tobin Brendan Tobin Olney: #Marlins expected to land Reyes: "Expectation is they will work something out with Reyes in the range of 5-years, $18-20M a year" ESPN Insider Buster Olney expects the Miami Marlins to sign Jose Reyes. Money quote: "There is an expectation they will work something out with Reyes for something in the range of five years, $18-20M a year. They are seen as the team that's going to be most aggressive and he certainly fits the style that Ozzie Guillen loves to play. He loves to have a team that runs the bases aggressively, puts pressure on opposing defenses. Reyes would be a centerpiece for that with Hanley Ramirez moving to another position." Mets fans, how do you feel about the prospect of seeing Reyes come back to Queens in a garish Miami uniform? Can a New York team ever justify losing a star player to a team from a smaller market, and what, if anything, should be done about it?
November 14, 201114 yr Quote: Brendan_Tobin Brendan Tobin Olney: #Marlins expected to land Reyes: "Expectation is they will work something out with Reyes in the range of 5-years, $18-20M a year" ESPN Insider Buster Olney expects the Miami Marlins to sign Jose Reyes. Money quote: "There is an expectation they will work something out with Reyes for something in the range of five years, $18-20M a year. They are seen as the team that's going to be most aggressive and he certainly fits the style that Ozzie Guillen loves to play. He loves to have a team that runs the bases aggressively, puts pressure on opposing defenses. Reyes would be a centerpiece for that with Hanley Ramirez moving to another position." Mets fans, how do you feel about the prospect of seeing Reyes come back to Queens in a garish Miami uniform? Can a New York team ever justify losing a star player to a team from a smaller market, and what, if anything, should be done about it? thanks for the info but i dont see any mets fans around here.
November 14, 201114 yr Quote: Brendan_Tobin Brendan Tobin Olney: #Marlins expected to land Reyes: "Expectation is they will work something out with Reyes in the range of 5-years, $18-20M a year" ESPN Insider Buster Olney expects the Miami Marlins to sign Jose Reyes. Money quote: "There is an expectation they will work something out with Reyes for something in the range of five years, $18-20M a year. They are seen as the team that's going to be most aggressive and he certainly fits the style that Ozzie Guillen loves to play. He loves to have a team that runs the bases aggressively, puts pressure on opposing defenses. Reyes would be a centerpiece for that with Hanley Ramirez moving to another position." Mets fans, how do you feel about the prospect of seeing Reyes come back to Queens in a garish Miami uniform? Can a New York team ever justify losing a star player to a team from a smaller market, and what, if anything, should be done about it? thanks for the info but i dont see any mets fans around here. Mets_bs will reply to it.
November 14, 201114 yr Don't think Hanley will take kindly to someone else earning more than him not named Pujols! This is what I think too. I have this feeling that Hanley will get all "prima donna" on us, and pout. Its a risk as long as you have him on the team. That is why I think trading Hanley when you sign Reyes. I know it would be ideal to have them both on the team, but Hanley is such a head case I think his "personality" will not allow him to ever be 2nd fiddle. Notice the other night who was 1st out to show off his uniform ? Same couldve been said about the Heat big 3 D Wade, LeBron & Bosh all are much more mature than Hanley. They decided to come together themselves. Hanley would be told he needs to do something and I am not sure he likes to do that, especially when that someone coming in is going to take his spot. I could see him getting all huffy about it, and refusing, and thereby screwing our chances for Reyes. Then management will really have a problem on their hands. I still say the best thing to do is, get rid of Hanley within a couple of days of Reyes signing. That would be the worst thing to do. I'm not sure why ? You might be able to get 1 MLB starter, and a decent prospect for him. To me that would be worth it.
November 14, 201114 yr Look, Hanley said he'd be willing to move for Reyes and they are very good friends. I don't see Hanley becoming an ultra bitch over this if we do indeed get Reyes. I would like to say I believe him, but he also said he was going to be a "Leader" on and off the field this past year, and it ended up not happening. His track record is iffy at best. I say get rid of his attitude before he starts to whine & bitch.
November 14, 201114 yr Look, Hanley said he'd be willing to move for Reyes and they are very good friends. I don't see Hanley becoming an ultra bitch over this if we do indeed get Reyes. I would like to say I believe him, but he also said he was going to be a "Leader" on and off the field this past year, and it ended up not happening. His track record is iffy at best. I say get rid of his attitude before he starts to whine & bitch. I don't think there were any issues off the field. On the field, he was injured and playing through it. That's a leader quality in my eyes, the second part. And "1 MLB starter and a decent prospect for him" ... this is HANLEY RAMIREZ we're talking about, 2 years removed from a batting title, which I can see him doing again one day when fully healthy. IDK what you're thinking today.
November 14, 201114 yr 20mil/yr for 5 years is a bit too steep no? Give him 20mil for 3 years with options, that would be ok.
November 14, 201114 yr Look, Hanley said he'd be willing to move for Reyes and they are very good friends. I don't see Hanley becoming an ultra bitch over this if we do indeed get Reyes. I would like to say I believe him, but he also said he was going to be a "Leader" on and off the field this past year, and it ended up not happening. His track record is iffy at best. I say get rid of his attitude before he starts to whine & bitch. WHAT?! His ARM WAS POPPING OUT OF ITS SOCKET WHEN HE WAS SLEEPING. His back was in so much pain he couldnt sit during flights. He played as long as he could and the marlins didnt start losing until he went to the dl. He signed a very friendly contract with the marlins. Hanley is the definition of a team player imo. Track record is iffy? ARE YOU SENIAL? Go look at his career stats. FFS i dont know where some people come up with the hanley isnt good/not a team player/whiner stuff. Actually they started losing when JJ went down and after the home plate collision between Scott Cousins and Buster Posey. That was at the end of May. Then June began and everything went to hell. Hanley was ineffective from the start anyway.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.