December 7, 201114 yr Author Pure dollar figure not only factor in Pujols financial offers. Deferrals, structure, lack of state tax in FLA all part of it. #MLB -Rosenthal FALSE HOPE YAY!!!!
December 7, 201114 yr Pure dollar figure not only factor in Pujols financial offers. Deferrals, structure, lack of state tax in FLA all part of it. #MLB -Rosenthal ok. NOW i'm going to go to sleep and when I wake up something should be done. Same here. When I wake up in a couple hours I fully expect Pujols to be a Miami masher.
December 7, 201114 yr Fielder not as good defensively as Pujols, but he is younger; 1-2-3-4- 5 of Reyes, Ramirez, Fielder, Stanton,Morrison would be pretty scary. -Olney
December 7, 201114 yr i hate the fact that fielder is a boras client, will want similar or more than what pujols may get
December 7, 201114 yr Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal #Marlins say they have made their final offer to Pujols. Additional meeting with Lozano possible, however. #MLB
December 7, 201114 yr Well we learned one thing from this whole fiasco. Lobby walkers are full of sh*t.
December 7, 201114 yr Author Marlins have believed that if bids similar, Pujols stays in STL. Called it "statue effect." If he stays, gets statue next to Stan Musial. -Knobler That's only logical, I would think.
December 7, 201114 yr Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal #Marlins say they have made their final offer to Pujols. Additional meeting with Lozano possible, however. #MLB You beat gizmo!
December 7, 201114 yr Fielder not as good defensively as Pujols, but he is younger; 1-2-3-4- 5 of Reyes, Ramirez, Fielder, Stanton,Morrison would be pretty scary. -Olney Know what would be even scarier? A lineup of Reyes, Bonifacio, Hanley, Fielder, Stanton, Morrison.
December 7, 201114 yr Author @clarkspencer clarkspencer If #marlins dont land pujols, look for them to go hard for buehrle ASAP. 3 minutes ago via Twitter for Android
December 7, 201114 yr Meh, from Pujols to Buehrle.. quite a drop. If they miss out on Pujols I hope they go after Wilson instead.
December 7, 201114 yr Im sure Loria will do whatever possible to sign Buehrle if Albert goes back to STL today. Seems like he wants us to be the talk of the meetings at all times.
December 7, 201114 yr Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal #Marlins say they have made their final offer to Pujols. Additional meeting with Lozano possible, however. #MLB You beat gizmo! that's good right?
December 7, 201114 yr f*** it go for wilson and buerhle, if pujols doesn't sign here My 100th career post whoa hoo!!! thanks to the pujols thread :jackson
December 7, 201114 yr Meh, from Pujols to Buehrle.. quite a drop. If they miss out on Pujols I hope they go after Wilson instead. It is, but it's not like we need a first baseman.
December 7, 201114 yr Author Im sure Loria will do whatever possible to sign Buehrle if Albert goes back to STL today. Seems like he wants us to be the talk of the meetings at all times. If you lose out on Pujols, you're no longer the talk of the meetings. A topic of conversation? Sure. But not "the talk." That would be a pretty silly motivating factor, though. It might overlap with other reasonable goals, but I hope that is not anything resembling the main cause for their conduct.
December 7, 201114 yr I would think that there might be enough money to go after Prince and Buerhle if we are out on Pujols, right?
December 7, 201114 yr I would think that there might be enough money to go after Prince and Buerhle if we are out on Pujols, right? That's what I'm hoping
December 7, 201114 yr I would think that there might be enough money to go after Prince and Buerhle if we are out on Pujols, right? Should be unless we were going to expand payroll to another level just for Pujols.
December 7, 201114 yr Author I would think that there might be enough money to go after Prince and Buerhle if we are out on Pujols, right? How much less yearly would Prince make than Albert? I don't think very much less, even if it's a shorter deal. But, supposedly Loria didn't rule out Pujols + a pitcher IIRC. So I would think Fielder + Buehrle is possible.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.