Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

now you guys are waking up!!!

 

how dare you nod off for a couple hours! This is Albert we're talking about, no more sleeping until it's over, no more sleeping!!!

point taken, but that's one "who knows?" report among 500 "who knows? reports that say we're going after pitching if not for Prince Albert

 

 

One thing I hate about the Winter Meetings, reports are conflicting constantly.

Absolutely. I don't not disagree with that under the conditions that what you didn't say is false*.

 

 

 

*or true

#marlins have discussed internally the possibility of going after prince if they lose out on albert

 

-Heyman

dibs on the rapper name 'Internal Prince'

 

also, I just did some thinking. Pujols would be amazing. but it would be so f***ing stupid to sign him. we NEED pitching. with the lineup we got going with Reyes (assuming Hanley stays), the only thing missing is SP. literally. only thing we'd need.

Loria: I may not know alot(he does but for the sake of this sentence), but one thing I do know is we're getting a f**king 1B!

 

Oh s**t, Gaby is right around the corner, maybe I shouldn't have shouted that.

I'd give CJ 4/70. Just under 18 million. Don't think he's worth more than that. I'm no on Fielder. I'd rather have CJ/Buehrle

Marlins have believed that if bids similar, Pujols stays in STL. Called it "statue effect." If he stays, gets statue next to Stan Musial.

 

-Knobler

CHECKING IN

 

#OccupyPujols

the only known offer is 4/60 and you're throwing out 5/90? come on

 

True ... alright, 5/85 then? Throw in a little extra per year to see if he bites at that.

 

I really believe if we don't get Albert and we go for Prince, we can still get CJ and Buehrle, depending on how much we give Prince. That'd be amazing to get all three.

Cardinals meeting this morning with Dan Lozano agent for Pujols - possible deal gets closed this morning.

 

-Jim Bowden

Cardinals meeting this morning with Dan Lozano agent for Pujols - possible deal gets closed this morning.

 

-Jim Bowden

 

Or maybe he saw what happened with LeBron and is letting the Cardnials know he is going to the Marlins before the media breaks the news.

If I'm Loria and company, I'd give him until noon. This is ridiculous. We have other needs that must be filled.

Whether its Pujols or not, somebody is probably going to sign with us today.

Marlins have believed that if bids similar, Pujols stays in STL. Called it "statue effect." If he stays, gets statue next to Stan Musial.

 

-Knobler

 

"You told him about the statue?" - Will Riker (First Contact)

Well, I know you don't believe (as if i have something to gain from this) me but ill relay this anyways.

 

His agent is playing both sides but he's confident we will get him. He said on Sunday thay the plan was to outbid the cards in almost any scenario to make sure we get him. So unless the cards do something crazy, I'm still confident we get him.

 

I want pujols, but I still think the better team is with upgraded sp in the form of buehrle/wilson and then still going after gio.

 

 

I like how you tweak your story at the end to make yourself look less bad.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.