Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

When it doesn't happen, don't be too disappointed. Getting Reyes and Bell is a pretty big deal, and they're not going to quit when Pujols stays in St. Louis.

If we don't get Pujols at least we got Reyes. And the contract is actually pretty nice. Good job FO! I say wait it out for all the other players. I think the next splash will be via trade.

Pujols must realize that winning the.championship was a fluke, they weren't even in the playoff hunt a month before the playoffs.

Pujols was totally using us. Can you blame him? It took the Marlins to make the Cards realize they were going to lose him. So it looks like they gave into his demands anyway....says a lot about the Cards though.

Opening Day could not possibly have anymore story lines going for it -- a veritable journalist's dream.

 

 

Soooooooo true.

Pujols was totally using us. Can you blame him? It took the Marlins to make the Cards realize they were going to lose him. So it looks like they gave into his demands anyway....says a lot about the Cards though.

 

So he wanted the Cards more than they wanted him.

Pujols was totally using us. Can you blame him? It took the Marlins to make the Cards realize they were going to lose him. So it looks like they gave into his demands anyway....says a lot about the Cards though.

 

So he wanted the Cards more than they wanted him.

yeah and they knew it. It was just a formality really. He just needed them to up the money and the Marlins helped him out. He should tank every game we play them now.

Neyman is full of crap, don't believe a word he says, we are still in this, Pujol's weighing his decision as we speak and it's still up the air no matter what Neyman thinks "he has a sense" of.

Prince Fielder for half the price along with Mark Buehrle anyone?

 

 

Prince Fielder is not going to be half the price.

 

I meant cheaper...not half price...but still, I would much rather have a 27 year old, power lefty hitting bat first basemen and very durable starter over an overpaid 31 year old (we think he's 31) player who is getting a enormously long contract that a team may regret in the long run

Prince Fielder for half the price along with Mark Buehrle anyone?

 

 

Prince Fielder is not going to be half the price.

 

I meant cheaper...not half price...but still, I would much rather have a 27 year old, power lefty hitting bat first basemen and very durable starter over an overpaid 31 year old (we think he's 31) player who is getting a enormously long contract that a team may regret in the long run

 

I hope they focus on pitching now.

Prince Fielder for half the price along with Mark Buehrle anyone?

 

 

Prince Fielder is not going to be half the price.

 

I meant cheaper...not half price...but still, I would much rather have a 27 year old, power lefty hitting bat first basemen and very durable starter over an overpaid 31 year old (we think he's 31) player who is getting a enormously long contract that a team may regret in the long run

He won't be cheaper, he'll get more $/yrs than Albert

Prince Fielder for half the price along with Mark Buehrle anyone?

 

 

Prince Fielder is not going to be half the price.

 

I meant cheaper...not half price...but still, I would much rather have a 27 year old, power lefty hitting bat first basemen and very durable starter over an overpaid 31 year old (we think he's 31) player who is getting a enormously long contract that a team may regret in the long run

 

We'll have to give Fielder more per year, though.

Prince Fielder for half the price along with Mark Buehrle anyone?

 

 

Prince Fielder is not going to be half the price.

 

I meant cheaper...not half price...but still, I would much rather have a 27 year old, power lefty hitting bat first basemen and very durable starter over an overpaid 31 year old (we think he's 31) player who is getting a enormously long contract that a team may regret in the long run

 

Don't you watch the biggest loser, Albert has a younger inner age.

Pujols was totally using us. Can you blame him? It took the Marlins to make the Cards realize they were going to lose him. So it looks like they gave into his demands anyway....says a lot about the Cards though.

 

So he wanted the Cards more than they wanted him.

yeah and they knew it. It was just a formality really. He just needed them to up the money and the Marlins helped him out. He should tank every game we play them now.

 

It's not a formality. I would have found it pretty insulting if I was someone they were talking about erecting a statue of, and they refused to even slightly up a contract I didn't feel comfortable with. It took the Marlins' offer for them to scramble. The attitude around the Cardinals' first offer seemed pretentious. "You aren't going to get a better deal than this Albert, so you should just take it."

Hey guys, I'm gonna be driving over to the new stadium for the party on Saturday that Squall mentioned, does anybody know the best way to get there from Fort Lauderdale? TIA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.