Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

not sure if anybody knows but at midnight espn 2 will be live in the winter meetings we might get some pujols update

 

 

There was an update on ESPNEWS at 11. Nothing good was said..

 

:( my hope of having pujols is fading away

Save your tears for when we win the ws. Hes a marlin.

 

lol, why are you so confident he will sign w/ Miami?

If Pujols opts not to come to Miami, look for team to make push for Fielder. But clearly Jeffrey Loria wants Pujols #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

Been waiting to hear that. Spectacular!

Wow haven't been to this site in years, but had to check out what yall were saying..

 

 

Guys I know he is a great player, but long-term this is a bad move for the Marlins. Do we really want to be paying this guy $20/year when he's 38-41 years old? Obviously, the DH isn't an option and I just don't see how he can hold up that long. Yes, he would be a big name for the new stadium along with Bell and Reyes, but the no-trade clause makes this a bad deal for the Fish.

 

Marlins would be a lot smarter spending the money elsewhere on multiple players.

 

We dont know what Loria's ceiling is. As long as he is willing to pay for the parts we need to win, who cares how much they make. Shoot, pay them all $20 million, I dont care. We can speculate that this is costing us pieces elsewhere, but in my opinion, it is riskier to sign a pitcher long term than a position player. Right now, the big name pitchers want longer deals than we're willing to give them. All that being said, we still may get them too...nobody knows the salary ceiling.

 

little off the subject i am worried that since marlins are Not giving no trade clause that come 2 3 years from now they dismantle the team:( i just hope they give pujols a no trade clause just to know for sure that they wont trade him.

******* Clark Spencer

If Pujols opts not to come to Miami, look for team to make push for Fielder. But clearly Jeffrey Loria wants Pujols #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

 

Great. I'm OK with Fielder. :)

Wow haven't been to this site in years, but had to check out what yall were saying..

 

 

Guys I know he is a great player, but long-term this is a bad move for the Marlins. Do we really want to be paying this guy $20/year when he's 38-41 years old? Obviously, the DH isn't an option and I just don't see how he can hold up that long. Yes, he would be a big name for the new stadium along with Bell and Reyes, but the no-trade clause makes this a bad deal for the Fish.

 

Marlins would be a lot smarter spending the money elsewhere on multiple players.

 

We dont know what Loria's ceiling is. As long as he is willing to pay for the parts we need to win, who cares how much they make. Shoot, pay them all $20 million, I dont care. We can speculate that this is costing us pieces elsewhere, but in my opinion, it is riskier to sign a pitcher long term than a position player. Right now, the big name pitchers want longer deals than we're willing to give them. All that being said, we still may get them too...nobody knows the salary ceiling.

 

Bingo! Bango! Who wants to tango!?!?

If Pujols opts not to come to Miami, look for team to make push for Fielder. But clearly Jeffrey Loria wants Pujols #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

Been waiting to hear that. Spectacular!

You know he will demand 10/220, with a ntc. We've showed what we will pay...

If Pujols opts not to come to Miami, look for team to make push for Fielder. But clearly Jeffrey Loria wants Pujols #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

 

I'm not a big fan of Fielder.

If Pujols opts not to come to Miami, look for team to make push for Fielder. But clearly Jeffrey Loria wants Pujols #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

 

I'm not a big fan of Fielder.

Wow haven't been to this site in years, but had to check out what yall were saying..

 

 

Guys I know he is a great player, but long-term this is a bad move for the Marlins. Do we really want to be paying this guy $20/year when he's 38-41 years old? Obviously, the DH isn't an option and I just don't see how he can hold up that long. Yes, he would be a big name for the new stadium along with Bell and Reyes, but the no-trade clause makes this a bad deal for the Fish.

 

Marlins would be a lot smarter spending the money elsewhere on multiple players.

 

We dont know what Loria's ceiling is. As long as he is willing to pay for the parts we need to win, who cares how much they make. Shoot, pay them all $20 million, I dont care. We can speculate that this is costing us pieces elsewhere, but in my opinion, it is riskier to sign a pitcher long term than a position player. Right now, the big name pitchers want longer deals than we're willing to give them. All that being said, we still may get them too...nobody knows the salary ceiling.

 

I hear what you are saying, but I think Loria is willing to spend all this cash because he believes the new players along with the new stadium will bring in a ton of revenue. I hate to say it, but after 3 years, I'm not sure the attendance is going to be as great as he believes it will be long-term.

 

I realize Loria is an extremely wealth man, but hes not going to continually want to shell out this type of cash if it doesn't get results, or the attendance is just average.

 

The smarter move in my opinion is signing Fielder to a 5-6 year deal and try to improve the pitching.

If Pujols opts not to come to Miami, look for team to make push for Fielder. But clearly Jeffrey Loria wants Pujols #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

 

I'm not a big fan of Fielder.

But he is big.

If Pujols opts not to come to Miami, look for team to make push for Fielder. But clearly Jeffrey Loria wants Pujols #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

 

I'm not a big fan of Fielder.

But he is big.

 

pujols is bigger

It's all BS, the rumors, just relax and wait and see what happens, If they break the meeting off then I'm going to bed. If the Angels are desperate enough to give him a no trade clause then let them have him, I think we are going t opny up the most money, so I think we actually have a real good chance, whether that's a good thing or not I'm not sure of.

 

Really its a win/win for us. If we don't land him , some other team is going to have to deal with his contract and if we do get him it's the PR splash we want. ( at the expense of hanging on to Stanton) Either way we win, although it would be better to land a SP or two than get Pujols. We'll see. . .

Ehh, it sounded like from their lead in that the main focus will be on the Hanley issue

10 moar minuhts

 

edit: I wonder how many boxes of pizza they've gone through.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.